HybridZ

My Progress

Scottie-GNZ

Settling in for a long day in front of the boob tube for ALMS, F1 and NHRA and getting stuffed. No work on the new car today but thought I would show some pics of the progress being made. Need to finish hooking up wiring, fuel lines, tranny cooler lines, minor mods for the radiator, a shifter, connect DP/wastegate to exhaust. Other than that I am close :D :D

trial-fit1.jpg

trial-fit2.jpg

trial-fit3.jpg

Cool! Looks like that ATR TTA DP worked great. What is there, about 3/4" between the DP and strut tower? You're moving quick on this swap, but it makes it all the easier when someone has the mounts made for you already :twisted: 8)

Have you seen my latest progress in the "6 Cylinder Tech Board"?

!M!

it makes it all the easier when someone has the mounts made for you already :twisted: 8)

Have you seen my latest progress in the "6 Cylinder Tech Board"?

!M!

That's funny. I played a part in converting this car. I see you got past step 1 but that is probably the toughest thing you will have to do, except maybe the wiring.

This is Misred, Jeff. Mike is deep into swapping his 4.1L drivetrain into a 3rd-gen. I just did a little scrub-a-dub under the hood and changing a few things to my liking.

Oooops I somehow missed that bit of trivia. :bonk:

I am sure someone has already asked but why a RX7? why not say a Z31? the RX substantially lighter ? but then again your going to make this one a bit more street friendly right?

Despite how many Zs I have owned (all hybrids) and how long I have been tweaking the last one, I am not tied to a brand, unless it's a Porsche :D

The RX7, even though heavier than the GNZ, is much lighter than a Z31. The RX7 was already converted. The 2nd-gen RX7 might not be a classic or have killer looks, but it is highly underrated. This is a toy, not a ride that I sink all my funds into or the only car I have fun in.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting cleaned up for the first time in months. Gets a buff and polish this weekend and the internal WG swapped out for the external next weekend followed by the cage. Plan to keep it as innocent-looking as possible, on the outside :D

More pics early next week.

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

engine-071004.jpg

That looks great Scottie and I'm glad you're leaving it as a sleeper. Let us know when it will make its track debut so I can come out and watch. If you ever want to freshen up the red paint my friend Mike is a very talented painter and I have access to a booth on the weekends.