HybridZ

Can anyone identify a car for me?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Man I WISH I'd had my camera on me... okay so I don't have a pic... I'm gonna try to describe this funky car and hope that someone here will know what it was and maybe have links with pics or something or even a name... I dunno... one of the trippiest cars I"ve ever seen.

Okay... so... this thing was a Sedan... 4 doors... but... looked like a sports car... well

Okay, the front of the car was wedgy, narrow, reminded me of those old BMW 8's, the ones with the narrow noses and pop up headlights. This looked like that in the front, pop ups, and it had a LOT of louvering on the hood. The rear was also wedgy, square, and thin. With square tail lights, and a wing (not sure if it was stock but I'm guessing it was). Now, the center section of the car looked TOTALLY out of place... whereas the front and rear were sporty, the main body of the car was square and stuffy, it looked like it was ripped right off of an '80's buick or caddy. It was WAY out of proportion with the front and rear of the car, not only because it didn't match the sporty theme, but it was just way too big... in comparison with the sports car looking front end. This thing also had side exit exhuasts... just like a Shelby Cobra... WHAAAA??? Friggin WEIRD. On and it had really big tires, again I'm assuming these were stock. I meant to roll up to the guy and ask what it was but he made a right...

anyways... anyone with ANY idea what this was??

Guest bastaad525

Nope neither of those... but definatley in the same category!

If I had to guess, and this really, to me, would only apply if it was made in the US, I would guess it was an '80's car. But outside of the US, there are still cars that ugly :oops::P being made even today... It definately looked european as well... wasn't japanese and 50% sure it was not US made. It had NO identifying badges on it at all.

Really sleek sporty looking nose with pop up headlights and louvered hood, pretty sleek, but square looking trunk, and totally 80's sedan middle section.

Saab 9000 Aero?

97_saab_9000_cse.jpg

defaul7.jpg

Ferrari made a 400i sedan' date=' but I don't think there were any 4-door models.[/quote']

Hey my dad has one of those too, but I knew he had a quattroporte at one time he said he had a 87' which is a different body style than the one pictured, looks more like the one Tim posted. Anyhow I reread Bastaads post and it said pop-up headlights, I have no clue what kind of car it could be.

I like those Maserati's. A guy we just finished up a job for has the Maserati Aga Kahn (1 of 2 made) and a Alfa Romeo Montreal. The Montreal has to be seen in person, it's really cool looking. Having to walk by both those cars in his garage everyday just made me fall in love with the looks of both of them.

!M!

Guest bastaad525

A couple of those pics are close... some of ya need to read my description again :D ... the feature you guys are missing the most are the POP UP HEADLIGHTS. For some odd reason I thought of Maserati as well but nope, no pop up headlights, so that's not it. I'm willing to bet the louvered hood is stock as well, honestly a car like that I'd imagine was 100% stock as I just don't see a lot of aftermarket stuff for it unless this guy is having all this stuff custom made.

So... most distinctive features are the pop up lights, side exhausts, and louvered hood, on a funky out of proportion sedan with a sports car front end. The middle section of the quatroporte was just about right.

I need to see more pics of the Lagonda, the front end looks just about right...

Guest bastaad525

yeah I think that's what it was, Aston Martin Lagonda... and yeah it was a hideous car!!! The proportions in that pic look just right... man that car was UGGGGGLY

Okay if that's what it was then it was modified, the louvered hood and side exhausts.

LOL who'd think people would put mods like that on such an ugly car... were they fast at all???

Thanks guys this was gonna drive me NUTS... I KNEW someone here would have known what it was!!!

Someone needs to strech that Lagonda and make it a limo. It should have plenty of power as those came with a V12 and would do around 180mph! They would also drain the account in the late 80's at around $150K.

Guest bastaad525

Only facts I found on the Lagonda was like a 5.something liter V8, no mention of a V-12...

still can't get over how ugly the car is.

So were these ever SOLD in the US or did this guy get one some other way? It was left hand drive, which surprised me the most.