HybridZ

STI/WRX power steering rack Hummmm

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone tried to use a GM type-II power steering pump(remote resivor) with the subaru rack???

Thats my plan ( if the type II is the same as a 95 LT1 pump )

.........when I get to that point, sorta on hold while I work on my coilovers.

well, it will be a good expiriment then =) and yes, its the same pump, LT1 style, mine came off a capri... the bypass pressure between the impreza pump and the capri type II pump are a lil different, but im gona hope that it doesnt create an issue... i just have to get the new hydraulic lines fabb'd up and give a whirl i guess...

im finding out that getting the subaru lines to fit is a stretch, i thought i could take them to like a brake line place and get them made up, but no luck gettin those subaru fittings in my area. sooooo, i im gona cutt the lines just after the subaru fittings and braze on new fittings that will allow me to go to 1/8mpt braided stainless, this will be costly, but it will look cleaner and be easier to route.. that and i still have to adapt to the GM pump, but i havnt gotten that far yet... i need to remember to take pictures too, ha...

• 5 months later...