HybridZ

LS1 out body now on the rotisary

mas28O

Last sunday I got hit in the rear on my way back from the track. So I decided to get my car ready for the paint. I also wanted to detail,paint,rinoliner the undercarriage. John came over tonight to help out. It sure is nice to have the car on the rotisary.

Mike

body_009.jpg

body_010.jpg

body_011.jpg

body_012.jpg

body_013.jpg

body_015.jpg

body_016.jpg

body_017.jpg

You really don't mess around. That rotiserrie looks really nice for a home made unit. What a great idea. 2 engine stands that have been modified to stand taller. I like it. A home made rotiserrie for around $150. I will need to remember this for when I restore my 510.

Since you posted the mugshots, which one is Mike and which one is John? It is nice to put a face to the names.

Good luck with the body work.

It is so much fun to tip a car up on its side. Nice job!

You probably already have the Rhino lining stuff, but if you don't I would go with POR-15. It is expensive, but you can do the undercarriage, the whole inside of the car and the engine bay for about $150 all told (metal ready etc.) I was so impressed with that stuff. WOW, Bullet proof. Just do it all at once because it is activated by oxygen. Rhino lining will be awesome too, but I don't believe that it reacts with rust like POR-15. Isn't it just a sealer to keep O2 out to prevent rust? I am not sure about that one, but POR-15 actually eats the rust, so to speak.

Tim it was just last Sunday that I was on the 1/4 mile strip. I plan on taking the undercarriage down to metal and then seeling it with a apoxy primer then I will take it to a spray booth and have the linex or rinoliner sprayed on. I am going to use the same stuff that they use on the beds.

Mike

The seats are out of a Mazda Miata. So far I like all of the Arizona Z Car parts, no complaints. I have thought about the weight of the Rinoliner mat but I think that it will be a nice sound deedner.

I am the shorter guy in the pic, John is the 6'8" tall guy that has a hard time getting into his LS1z.

Mike