HybridZ

Whats a T3/TO4B Super-V trim?

cygnusx1

I believe that's what I have in my Z. Does anyone have any info or maps for this beast? It seems to pull HARD after about 3000rpm but seems a little less powerful than the T3 below 3000rpm.

I am just curious as to how it compares to other trims. :?:

Thanks.

Hehe, fair enough, well I bought a rebuilt turbo and thats what it is supposed to be. I trust that it is a good selection for what I am doing. (14psi now and 18psi later) I wouldn't know the difference between a Super-V and A SuperDooper since it's the first aftermarket turbo I've driven. I just want to know that I can brag about having a "SUPER-V" and know what I am talking about at the same time. :lol:

Well, maybe :oops: but a TO4B "Super V" actually exists.

http://fastsaab.itgo.com/t04.htm

TO4B “SUPER” Series:

PN 10662 Complete turbocharger assembly including any exclusive TURBONETICS 3” diameter “Super” series TO4B compressor wheel (“Super S”, “Super V”, “Super H”) and Hi-Fi compressor housing for rapid spool-up and high pressure ratios. N, O, or P trim turbine wheel, and .58, .69, .81, or .96 A/R “on-center” turbine housing.

PN 10663 As above, less turbine housing.

PN 10664 CHRA (cartridge) only.

I guess the Super V isn't just a reference to a specific trim number?

Hmm, I also found this:

T3 .63 Turbine housing with a stage 2 wheel (smaller for better responce) and a water cooled center core, 360 degree thrust bearing, T04B AR60 comp housing, with the V comp wheel - if at a later stage you feel you want more power - you should then replace the V comp wheel with the Super V comp wheel which has a 76mm major instead of the 69mm major (bottom side of the comp wheel impeller blades) this will give you another 15 - 20 % increase in power. It is also very cost effective way to upgrade to more power and is simple and fast to accomplish.

http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=5181

I run a regular V trim on my L28. They flow 51lbs/min. I got a little over 400 rwhp at 22 psi out of it. 368 at 15 psi. The "Supers" have a slightly larger exducer, supposed to aid in quicker boost. If you are still running the small standard turbine wheel thats probably not an issue. Pull the housing off and measure it, only way to know for sure.

Clifton those cars on your site are really nice. The white 240Z must be amazing to drive! Thanks for the info on the SuperV. So if I truly have one, and I am sure I do since that's what my bud said it was, I have plenty of room for power expansion in the future. Great. I cant wait for the programmable fuel system and motor buildup in the future. :-D