HybridZ

Our rights are being taken away-Patriot Act

zguy95135

Guest freedomfighter
THERE IS NO NAME CALLING ON THIS WEBSITE. Freedomfighter I suggest you go back and CLEAN UP your post...

We've come a long way on this particular topic' date=' remaining civil and keeping the discussion lively... if you cannot play within those confines, then don't play, simple as that...

Mike Kelly

ADMINISTRATOR[/quote']

WHAT?! That's just about the stupidest show of over sensitivity I've ever seen. My use of "BONER" was a joking play on his screen name... Pop N Wood... don't be stupid, people. We "should" all be grown adults in here. There was nothing foul about the post.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest freedomfighter
Shall we measure up wienies now?

Liberal pig. I'll have to share that one with a few friends.

Oooohh... :shock: is that what your talking about? Well, I do tend to be rather blunt at times, I just call it like I see it. I would imagine that Pop and his friends wear the distinction like a badge of honor. I doubt that it bothered him. I have several friends that are self proclaimed liberal pigs... ya know, tax & spend & tax & spend, etc... liberal pigs... oink, oink...

Pop, if you were sincerely offended, then I'm sorry. Offending was not my point... defining the situation as I saw it was. :D

Guest freedomfighter
Kevin' date=' lets make this easier on everyone.

1. Please define "New World Order"

2. Please define Globalism.

From what you have said, and the people and sources you have cited it support of what you have said, you do not seem to have a good grasp on either concept.

I will post again shortly with my comments on the New World Order and Globalism..... after you put something concrete down as to what you percieve both to be.... instead of vague insinuations and imprecise use of wildly vagarious quotes.[/quote']

Kevin, for one... I did not stereotype you... I was commenting on the thread and your apparent context within said thread.

For two... my knee has not moved one single millimeter. :?

I would agree with Tannji... without taking an entire page to copy/paste your google findings... I, for one, would really enjoy hearing this in your own words.

Pop, The comment wasn't to you, And Freedom Fighter, Not being foolish... We've got rules... Use them... No exceptions...

It's called respecting your fellow members of the board... You know, like calling someone a fool... :roll:

Remember guys, let's leave emotion at the door on topics such as this, and deal with reason and fact...

Mike

Guest freedomfighter
Pop' date=' The comment wasn't to you, And Freedom Fighter, Not being foolish... We've got rules... Use them... No exceptions...

It's called respecting your fellow members of the board... You know, like calling someone a fool... :roll:

Remember guys, let's leave emotion at the door on topics such as this, and deal with reason and fact...

Mike[/quote']

Yeah, Pop... what are you apologizing for? I'm the one they're targeting. :?

Mikelly, EXACTLY WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I have read the rules, I was in NO WAY in violation of the rules. IF your concern is with the tone, then perhaps, Mikelly, you should go back and read the thread again. My tone was in line perfectly with that of Pop and others that I happen to be in dissagreement with. I didn't call anyone a "fool" nor was I being "foolish"... Reason and facts was exactly what I dealt. :?::roll:

Hey Kevin.... I am one of the people laughing, and sometimes nodding my head after you post... but while I think I understood the jist and intent of your post, Liberal pig was just enough outside the lines, or fuzzy enough for someone else to take it wrong. Not that I did, and not that Pop was offended ( I dont kow if he was or not) but he appeared to take you seriously, and someone else wouldnt have replied as mildly as he did. Keep up the good work, just be a little tamer for us zoo animals.... :D

Guest freedomfighter
Hey Kevin.... I am one of the people laughing, and sometimes nodding my head after you post... but while I think[/i'] I understood the jist and intent of your post, Liberal pig was just enough outside the lines, or fuzzy enough for someone else to take it wrong. Not that I did, and not that Pop was offended ( I dont kow if he was or not) but he appeared to take you seriously, and someone else wouldnt have replied as mildly as he did. Keep up the good work, just be a little tamer for us zoo animals.... :D

Wait a minute, Tannji... Kevin didn't say it, I did. In context... I still think it's funny, and I still think Pop is a cool dude, even if we dissagree on certain political issues. As I said... I have several very good friends who where the badge... liberal pig... proudly. I have always been quite outspoken when it comes to liberals trying to pork out on my hard earned cash...

my bad on the name switching.... but like I said, I got it, and you got it, but others dont get badges like liberal pig, at least not without risk of animosity. I make digs too, but I try to separate the "name-drop" from the target by multiple layers of deniability.... :D

Look, I PC'ed the post.... same point, same words, more deniability.

1. LOOK, "BONER", :D my IQ would make your freakin head spin... the facts have been overly reported by now and I have no reason to state anything more then a summary of said conclusions... TAX CUTS ALWAYS INCREASE THE GOV'S INTAKE BY STIMULATING THE ECONOMY... INCREASING THE PEOPLE'S SPENDING. There's just something about the people keeping more of their BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS... rather then allowing the liberal pigs (whom you defend) to STEAL IT!!! (not labeling you in particular, but if it smells like a pig, talks like a pig, and taxes like a pig, I guess "ya gotta draw blood" to tell the difference.) :wink:

Kevin' date=' lets make this easier on everyone.

1. Please define "New World Order"

2. Please define Globalism

Kevin, for one... I did not stereotype you... I was commenting on the thread and your apparent context within said thread.[/quote']

Freedomfighter,

Forgive me for not being clear. I know you were not stereotyping me and dont worry about my feelings - I am very thick skinned :wink: . This is the one issue I dont like about text - you cant completely sense the intent of a comment w/out being able to read a person's body language or voice tonality. What I meant was your response is a predicted response based on a stereotyped perception of anyone holding to my posturing...thats all I meant.

Regarding being spoken out when your earnings are being "porked" to someone else...well we should all squeal like a pig (no pun intended) when our earnings get porked over to someone else - such as Congress that just gave themselves another 7k pay increase.

As far as the vernacular New World Order and Globalism and your or my ability to understand their function you would first have to understand some basic fundamentals...and make a few leaps of faith in the process.

If you wish to understand Globalsim, New World Order, Global Governance and whatever other terms that get thrown around you first have to answer a few questions, and they are:

1) Where does Political Authority come from?

2) If you were to go all the way to the top of political authority - where would your journey end?

3) Where does Economical Authority come from?

4) If you were to go all the way to the top of economical authority - where would your journey end?

5) Where does Spiritual Authority come from?

6) If you were to go all the way to the top of religious authority - where would your journey end?

7) How does technological advances speed up or slow down the application of Politics, Economics, and Religion?

At least now we are talking about the real issues. 8)

Maybe in another 11 pages these questions can be answered as there are no quick soundbite like answers, as we are talking about the evolution of human inerraction.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Pop, The comment wasn't to you,

But then I was involved in turning the thread ugly so an apology was still in order.

I am not offended, given the source and context of the message. More annoyed really. Freeedomfighter's post reminds me of the parable of the three blind men "seeing" an elephant for the first time.

Liberal pig.

Obviously has not read many of my posts, has he?

Guest freedomfighter
my bad on the name switching.... but like I said' date=' I got it, and you got it, but others dont get badges like liberal pig, at least not without risk of animosity. I make digs too, but I try to separate the "name-drop" from the target by multiple layers of deniability.... :D

Look, I PC'ed the post.... same point, same words, more deniability.

1. LOOK, "BONER", :D my IQ would make your freakin head spin... the facts have been overly reported by now and I have no reason to state anything more then a summary of said conclusions... TAX CUTS ALWAYS INCREASE THE GOV'S INTAKE BY STIMULATING THE ECONOMY... INCREASING THE PEOPLE'S SPENDING. There's just something about the people keeping more of their BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS... rather then allowing the liberal pigs (whom you defend) to STEAL IT!!! (not labeling you in particular, but if it smells like a pig, talks like a pig, and taxes like a pig, I guess "ya gotta draw blood" to tell the difference.) :wink:[/quote']

Again, my friend... you are right. I've always had a problem with that "PC" thing (for the longest time I thought it had something to do with computers... :? serious). Most of my friends think its a rather endearing trate of mine. I truly do love people... I believe in fighting for the freedom of all, liberals too, even when its very un-PC!

Guest freedomfighter

[quote name="Kevin Shasteen

Freedomfighter' date='

Forgive me for not being clear. I know you were not stereotyping me and dont worry about my feelings - I am very thick skinned :wink: . This is the one issue I dont like about text - you cant completely sense the intent of a comment w/out being able to read a person's body language or voice tonality. What I meant was your response is a predicted response based on a stereotyped perception of anyone holding to my posturing...thats all I meant.

Regarding being spoken out when your earnings are being "porked" to someone else...well we should all squeal like a pig (no pun intended) when our earnings get porked over to someone else - such as Congress that just gave themselves another 7k pay increase.

Amen, brother... body and voice tone are a big part of comunication. Makes texting pretty challenging at times. AND YES... I detest tax and spend polotics. I know that we are at war, and in recovery... so I understand some of the spending. But there is still so much fat that could be trimmed... massive ammounts. Its very frustrating to not be able to "make" it right.

If you wish to understand Globalsim, New World Order, Global Governance and whatever other terms that get thrown around you first have to answer a few questions, and they are:

No, 11 more pages not needed, unless you are looking for "wiggle room". I want definitions, not understanding of pop cultures version of poly science 101. :roll:

One post needed, with generally accepted definitions of Globalism and New World Order. We can talk about the real issues a whole dungload better if we are all speaking the same "vernacular".

I dont want definitions from: the illuminati, the free masons, the new abridged and translated conspiracist's new age, new and improved bible and relevant prophetic interpretation (sorry, could resist a poke there, I grew up in a cult) the bildersteins, or any other fringe group whose current status is marginal, not to mention mostly non-pertinent.

Just give us a crisp, brief, coherent, and Generally Accepted definition of both terms. I guarantee this topic will proceed very nicely, but without endless pages spent dancing around buzz-words.

Oh, and let's debate the evolution of human interaction and the origin of absolute power elsewhere, we have rabbits on the run, and dogs that hunt, right here, right now.

In a perfect world, or in person, hanging out BSing, having a beer, and shooting the poop, where facial expressions are as much a part of the discussion as the info being related, this would all be fine and good... However, we're in the world of text, and we've got a number of years under our belts doing this thing called moderating on HybridZ... We get it right most of the time...

The percieved tone was what concerned me, and obviously by the response from Pop, it wasn't taken as lightly as YOU might think Freedom... I'm on your side in this debate, but I still have a job to do, and I'm not gonna allow a flame fest to start, so if that upsets you, then tough. Bottom line is I am NOT gonna have someone later on accuse me of siding with someone for my political or other beliefs... We don't run that kinda ship here... You guys don't have a clue the tons of hatemail we get from people over hot topics like this and others, or when someone steps out of line and offends another member, or group of members, so yea, I might have reacted prematurely, but I won't apoligize for it... the tone was percieved as something less than friendly... and I still say as moderation goes, our batting average for dealing with things before they become a real issue are pretty darned good... :lol:

Anyone See Kerry on the Late Show? Could he have looked more uncomfortable? Why did they force him to do all those one liners? The idea for showing up on a show like that was for viewers to SEE him and hear him... Having him read the top 10 was LAME and you could tell he was uncomfortable doing it... :roll:

Mike

Guest Phil1934

I'd have to say the answer to #4 is Alan Greenspan. He's done everything but throw a fit on the floor of Congress over spending. He has to be near 80 so I wonder if his replacement will be as non-partisan. I hope so, for all our sakes.

Guest freedomfighter
...The percieved tone was what concerned me, and obviously by the response from Pop, it wasn't taken as lightly as YOU might think Freedom...

Just so I'm very clear... Upset? Far from it. I have nothing but respect for you and what you people do. In fact, I have a rather hard time figuring out just how you do what you do. That does not, however, change my opinion regarding the reaction you and a few others had. Go back and read the posts that I was reacting to. I see no difference in my tone compared with that of several other colorful post. It happens to be what makes this so fascinating to follow. I thought Pop's reaction was just as acceptable as mine. Two gentlemen who happen to dissagree on a particular political view. Sounds like America to me.

Hey Pop,

I did go back and read your posts again. I agreed with your view on most of them. I'm really surprised we ended up down this road together.