HybridZ

so with this weight and this rwhp what ya think it will run

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys im gonna let a friend look the car over and see if i am having a problem.. if i do i found a block.

question though.

its a turbo block with flat top pistons..

so that would be 8:5.1 compression (correct?)

so would this be safe?

ill either be running 440cc injectors or 370cc injectors, and ill have my 6-BTM msd unit to controll timing, along with the aeromotove adjustable fpr and my walbro 255lph fuel pump.

so i will be getting plenty of fuel and spark...

would this be to risky or am i safe doing this.

i know all about higher compression (its not even much higher) in turbo motors, and i know alot of us do this with forged pistons.... but these arent forged.

so what you turbo gods think?

mike

ON3GO

I've never seen a cutout like that before. It looks sweet though. My question is how loud is it when running full exhaust? Would it pull every cop in town towards you? Actually, was it any louder than say a 3.0l NA with a flowmaster 2.5 in exhuast? I only got pulled once in a year with that and it was loud as hell. But a turbo motor would sound bitchin with something like that I think. I figure I would just run it open on the weekands. Do your ears hurt w/ open exhaust?

with it open it sounds sweet.

sorta loud, way quiter then a n/a setup thats forsure.

the turbo quiets it down alot.

if you have a small turbo then you will hear it wisselling (sp?) at idle.

i like it, wish it was electronic, would be sweet as hell! but im cheap and it works great.

mike

Sweet. Jegs says you can mount it a the header or the exhaust pipes. Where did you mount yours? BTW you said you can hear a small turbo whistle at idle. Will I hear a big one (T4) whistle during spoolup? I love the sound of that. I wonder if they sell electric cutouts. I'll look around. I know the early impala's came with one as a factory option.

Will I hear a big one (T4) whistle during spoolup? I love the sound of that. I wonder if they sell electric cutouts. I'll look around. I know the early impala's came with one as a factory option.

Yes, you'll hear it alright. When I was running the 3" manderal all the way back with no muffler you could hear it at even the slightist touch of the thottle if the car was under a load.

Now with a muffler it really quietened it down. :(

Guest bastaad525

Why would an electronic boost controller make the car more torquey than using the grainger ball valve one I'm using now? Not that spiking is good, but with the 1-2psi boost spike and the way the turbo spools up very quick, it builds torque very quickly, and peaks at 3200rpm when the turbo first comes on, when the fuel mixture is right (now I run way too rich when the turbo first kicks in so torque peaks at 4100rpm instead).

Guest bastaad525

my boost holds fine and steady after the spike all the way up to redline, no fall off. Since the grainger ball valve stays completely closed until 14psi is reached in the manifold, the wastegate also stays fully closed up until that point (actually it stays fully closed slightly past that point as it takes a moment for the boosted air to get to and open the wastegate after 14psi is reached, hence the spike), meaning the turbo is spinning up to 14psi as fast as is possible. How would it respond any faster?

So far the only advantage I see would be to eliminate the spiking (and only with a really good electronic controller, as I know most of the controllers tested in SCC showed some spiking, though they were all around the same price range, the Profec B didn't spike though if I remember right).