HybridZ

so with this weight and this rwhp what ya think it will run

Guest ON3GO

weighed my 77 Z in... 2598

pretty happy i say i was!

so with that weight and 220rwhp and 250lbs at the wheels..

what ya guys think she will run.

im good off the line.. getting good lights like .085, .093, .103 and etc..

60 fts were 2.0 to 2.2.. no lsd, on older 225 15inch yokohamas..

think low low 13's are there?

mike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bastaad525

TOLD YA it weren't no 3000lbs!!!! Heck that's lighter than even I was guessing... that's only about 200lbs more than my '72. now your 1/4 times make more sense. Funny you give a power of 220/250 :D that's exactly what I'm putting down. Well... WAS putting down last time I dynoed, then I bumped up the boost 2psi :twisted: . I'm betting you're good for 13.3-13.5. Or if you drive like Jersey you're good for a 12.8 :D I WISH I knew that guys secret!!

ya i was surprised when i weighed the car in.

was pretty happy when i saw it started with a 2 lol.

the car ran a 14.3 at 97mph running like 2-3 psi.. i drive like a mad man so i know i can get the most out of my car, i just dont know what that is.

plus i ran that 14.3 with the cutout not un corked... which when its open i get 22rwhp and 32lbs extra at the wheels.. i did dyno pulls back to back each time. :)

mike

Guest bastaad525

I KNEW that a cutout would be worth big power!!! These guys were tryin to tell me it wasn't worth it... compared to just going 3" mandrel, but for the compared cost ($100 to like $400-600) I say a cutout is definately a viable alternative and now your dynoing is the proof :)

ya and i have a 3inch mandrel bent exhaust too! so the cutout was worth the 26 bucks i paid for it.

i would put one on the green Z but its got a 4inch exhaust already so its not worth it lol.

open exhaust just sounds sooo sweet on these L28ET's.. and with the small T3 you can hear it wisseling like mad! :D drool!!!

mike

Hmmmm... Exhaust and cutout or intercooler? Choices choices. Maybe I'll just get some new back tires, ha ha. :lol: Yeah, Mike. The turbo z's always sound so wicked with little or no exhaust, ha ha. Your sounded cool. Should've tried the track with it open.

81zxturbo

95slobaru-sounds like a wimpy civic with no cat-back

im good off the line.. getting good lights like .085' date=' .093, .103 and etc..

60 fts were 2.0 to 2.2.. no lsd, on older 225 15inch yokohamas..

think low low 13's are there?

mike[/quote']

I dont think your reaction time counts against your final ET? I could be wrong though. I think your going to need some traction for "low low 13's"...as in some DR's Get that 60' down to like a 1.6-1.7 and you should see low 13's.

Did you figure out whats going on with boost staying @ a low psi?

Guy

[

Did you figure out whats going on with boost staying @ a low psi?

Guy

not yet..

and i cut a 1.9 60 foot but it was a high 9 so i say 2.0.

im sure if i get the boost the way it was i could do better then what i was doing with only 2psi.

car feels so slow then how it felt before.

when i need some tires ill lower the car abit and put on some falken aziena or however u spell them. should be plenty of grip then.

mike

that will help you determine such things.

However your post in confusing rwhp = rear wheel horsepower, so is it 220 or 250?

80LT1 is correct, your reaction time does not work against your ET. Your ET is the time is takes to go from one line to another, it doesn't matter how long you take to start that trip.

Is 2598 with or with out you in it?

Assuming no, and you weigh about 152 and you drive perfectly, you can get a 13.5

If thats fully loaded, its good for 13.25-ish.

These are preatty much the "perfect time" based on physics. i.e. have nothing to do with track conditions, tire choice, driver skill, etc.

hp = weight / (ET / 5.825)3

Guest bastaad525

shiii I wish I wasn't so "tech inspection unfriendly"... too many things on my Z right now they might not like... otherwise I'd run it in a heartbeat. I'm betting I'd be knocking on the door to 12's.....

Mike' date=' why are you only running 2psi? Sorry if i missed it, but i don't frequent the board as much lately.

525, no secret, just driving it like i stole it :twisted:[/quote']

i had boost problems and a leak in the intake manifold..

its 220rwhp and 250lbs...

that weight is without me in it.

i know reaction time doesnt have anything to do with ET but it was to show ya i can get a good light, launch great and i can hit every gear nice and fast.

i beat the sh!t out of it when i race it.

im figuring low 13's easy with this car.. it ran a 13.8 at 5psi.

its now at 10.

mike

Guest bastaad525

If I had a good 60' foot time, and assuming I'm now up to around 230-240rwhp after upping the boost to 14psi, and I know the car weighs about 2700lbs with me in it, and if I could drive worth a damn, IS it possible I could break into the 12's?