HybridZ

Jmead---WARNING---I got screwed, BUYER BEWARE

spork

I purchased a headgasket for Jmead (James Mead) about a year ago (through zcar.com classifieds). Here's the details

I've tried emailing him and posted on the 70-83 forum and zcar talk forum and no response. I purchased what was supposed to be a hks head gasket (91mm x2mm) to fit my 83 280zxt. I recieved a mulitlayer head gasket that has a maximum bore of less than 86mm (stock size for the l28) and I've posted pictures and people say its not even an hks gasket. I don't have a phone number for him but this guy definetly deserves an f and buyer beware. I did a search on his name and came up with another incident on another message board and someone else said they had similar experiences. I ended up buying an HKS 2mm gasket and it was nothing like the one I have. I got screwed out of $80, don't let the same happen to you.

He currently has several ads in the classifeds section of this site

heres the link to his ads.

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=other_ads&id=jmead

If James is out there reading this, I will retract all my statements if you refund my money...

James Roraback

well i dont wanna piss anybody off but i think we ALL need to know who really screwed who on this forum.

not all of us have money they can just "lose" and im one of them.

and i also have delt with members on here and only got screwed out of some money by one guy.

and i for one dont want that to happen again.

i think we should have a list of some sort to show who's a good seller and buyer and who's not.

supraforums has done this and works out great.

mike

Ya know........... I was soooooooo close to posting the name of the person who got me and the scenario of the problem. But, when I was complimented for my maturity for not doing so, I just couldn't do it. Besides, I didn't want to be caught in the middle of a post that would take hours to read eventually, because of the differing opinions on the matter.

I'll just wait for the personal satisfaction I'll have if I even run into this person. The funny part is, I have family in the town he's in.....

HA!! Take that for maturity!! :twisted:

I dunno, this one really got to me...because I was building up a motor and as my luck always seems to go, just about every part I got was wrong. venolia messed up my pistons, ferrea sent me the wrong valves, I got sent the wrong piston rings, and then I find out this guy sold me a fake hks gasket that wouldn't even fit on a stock block, let alone one that was bored .30 over...I was just at a loss of words. I would hate for this to happen to someone else as I hes got some items listed at a lot higher prices than the $80 I paid for my head gasket. Mature or not, I can't let another z guy get screwed.

I remember dealing with jmead in the past through zcrap.com. I sent him a cashiers check and after he did not responding to a bunch of emails to verify he was going to send the item, I cancelled the cashiers check before it was cashed. I don't know if he got the emails or not. I just didn't feel comfortable with the transaction.

There is another name to watch out for, from personal experince>> JIM EDWARDS.

This scum bag got me on zcrap.com (aka zcar.com), along with many others.

I don't know if he is under another name here, so watch out for any variance of that name, or be carefull, he operated outa North Carolina...

This really sucks.. there seams to be a lot of scaming/screwing going on of late.. I have to say all dealings I have had with people from this site have been good.. but it's starting to worry me that it's just because maybe I've gotten lucky? :shock::?: I hope not.. Maybe there should be a new forum put up; "Don't make deals with these members" or something.. hmm .maybe not... Maybe the people who ARE doing the screwing will read this (and other posts) and STOP WITH THE STEALING CRAP!!! :evil: Man this stuff bugs me...

Guys, There are members here who will attest to the fact that I'm pretty much FOR the buyer... However, I don't want this to become a member BASHING site... There are always THREE SIDES to every transaction...

For every ONE bad transaction on HybridZ.org, there are probably well over 100 that go PERFECT. So lets keep that in mind... And as always, it is BUYER beware...

Lets not turn this into Zcar.com...

Mike 8)

Mike makes a good point. This is a difficult subject because you have to balance between exposing genuine crooks on one side and the risk of slandering on a public forum honest people that may have a ligitimate dispute.

I don't know how to do that on this wide open board. But, I think that the relative few posts about people getting "screwed" is a testament to the overall good self-policing here.

I will offer this: If someone sends money for an item that was offered for sale on this site and the item doesn't show up after several months and the seller wont respond, that should be brought to the public forum for the seller to respond to or risk his or her reputation. Anything else that reasonable people can dispute should remain private. JMHO FWIW.

I remember reading all those posts about bad dealings and was "Grateful" for the forewarning and name disclosures. I had brushes with these people and bailed at the right moment.

It's like my dad said to me when I was a boy,he said" son,a man only has his "Word" and his "Dick",and if your word is no good I think I know what your going to try and do with your dick "! :lol::wink::twisted:

So if all efforts and the delay of time proves a scandalous sort......make the internet expose them for all they're worth,or the lack therein.

.......................Vince

I'm not sure if everyone noticed or not, but I did invite the seller (james mead) to contact me to resolve this issue that I've been trying to work out for about a year now. I haven't been contacted from him at all. Heck I even tried responding to one of his ads asking about the megasquirt and I didn't get a reply...

Guest 77vegasz

I agree with the idea of a ripp off Forum. We should have a Forum that members can post their bad experiences on and the person responsible.

We are a small community of people with a common intrest, and should all be trying to help each other. That is the purpose of thsi site. I think that most members are honest and look out for the common good. Maybe if we start this Forum, it will drive the rip off artists out, and prevent future ones from joining.

jon