HybridZ

What does your Hybrid weigh?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Curious what others Chev powered Z's weigh. I am currently building a '83 280ZX with an iron BBC, Turbo 400 and twelve bolt Chev rear. Car is stock from the seats forward, with a ten point cage and round tube back half. Car will be upholstered, undercoated, and have all street legal gear and I was wondering what others estimate for my cars weight (with my 200 pound butt aboard), and also what kind of weights their cars ended up being. I am hoping for 2800 pounds in my case.

Guest livewire23

doesn't that car weight 2825lbs stock? if its got a tube frame.... But with all that stuff Id guesstimate 3000+ pounds. Sounds like the Z needs a diet.

I could be wrong but I thought the ZX were over 3000lbs stock? I can't remember since the last time I looked at the tag on the door! :Dbonk.gif I thought it was more like 3200lbs actually. I will have to look tonight. But I would deffinetly say over 3000lbs easy unless you really shave some weight somewhere and it doesn't really sound like your going to!

Guy

2825lbs is the vehicles stock weight. Street Legal might be able to hit his mark of 2800lbs if he replaces the steel body with fiberglass. I plan to reduce the weight by getting fiberglass bumbers, removing the AC,and possibly a fiberglass hood. The tag on the door just states the weight of the vehicle at maximum load. The 280ZXs max load is something like 420lbs. So 2825lbs + 420lbs = 3245lbs. Of course this will vary among different years.

Sean

My 83ZX, NA L28, 5spd., T-tops, 3/4 tank of gas - 2880lbs,1430 on nose, 1450 on rear - without me in it. Weight taken on a certified truck scale.

77z, NA L28, 5 spd., 1/2 tank of gas - 2800 lbs without me in it - same certified scale. 77Z is getting an LS1/T56 combo. I will reweigh and post new numbers in 3-4 months when it is done. both cars with stock interiors. 77 has MSA Areo II kit on it which weighs about the same as stock bumpers. 83ZX is bone stock.

I'm shooting for <2200 for my 240z. That will be with a Chevy 4.3 v-6, aluminum heads and manifold which I already have and a t-5 which I don't have.

I'll try to shave weight where I can. Some possibilities are fiberglass hatch, hood and bumpers, speedglass instead of real glass for the hatch, and side windows. Although I'll add weight back in with a roll cage.

I think 2200 is possible but we'll see.

Guest Anonymous

72 240 stock swapped motor and stock automatic for Iron 350 and 700R4 1/2 tank of gas and me in it (250lbs at the time) 2850 also on a certified truck scale 1450 front 1400 back (i believe its been a while) putting in a new motor will weigh it again and see what I find.

Dave C

72 lime 240 stock 86K original miles

72 orange v-8 car getting a new motor

73 white 510 VG30DE (twin cam)

and yes I know I am obsessed