HybridZ

Anyone else remember "The Greatest American Hero"

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

I used to totally dig this show when I was a kid. I have wondered oft times whatever happened to this show, why it never gets aired anymore, even on the lowliest of all-rerun-showing cable channels, or why it never made it to video or DVD.

For anyone unfamiliar with the show it was out in the early '80s, and starred William Katt. It was a cool show about a guy who gets given a suit that gives him superhero powers, by aliens. He then goes about using his newfound superhero suit to fight crime. Only problem is he loses the aliens instruction manual for how to use the suit, so has a hard time controlling the powers (perfect example was his inability to fly very well, and always ended up crash landing).

Well anyways, for whatever reason I was wondering about this show on the way home from work today. I remember hearing all kinds of rumors about like... well the show isn't syndicated and never made it to video because William Katt, having been embarrassed by the show (lord knows why... it was a great show!) bought up all the rights and wouldn't allow anything to be released.

Well I decided to Google it today and .... lo and behold:

http://www.greatestamericanhero.com/main.htm

They are actually, finally, after 20 years, JUST NOW getting ready to release the show on DVD!!! Due to hit the U.S. with a street date of Feb. 8th 2005.... I can't believe it!!! I'll definately be in line to pick up the set.

Anyways... didn't know if there were any fans of the show here (figure the odds are there's gotta be a few) but figured I'd share the info anyways. :D

Guest bastaad525

any chance I could get you to share that somehow Sumo?

I haven't seen this show since I was a kid... I'd love to be able to watch it again. And show my wife why I'm so hyped over the DVD's :)

I haven't seen this show since I was a kid... I'd love to be able to watch it again. And show my wife why I'm so hyped over the DVD's :)

Well the VCD i have is like watching a copied VHS tape but if you really want a copy you can only watch it on certain DVD players like a cheap APEX model or watch it on your 'puter. Let me know if you want a copy and i'll dig it up.

was out as the same time as Mr. Terrific. these were around a bit after Get Smart, went off the air.

at first i thought i read, Last American Hero ...

stock car racer Jr. Johnson.

i had a 65 chevelle SS at the time that movie came out.

they used a 64 in the movie. channeled the body down on the frame ( lowered the body, kept the frame same height ), radiused the wheel wells. great big ...HUGH ... meats on it. must of had 4 inch diameter exhaust pipes on it ...

mean looking machine ... i wanted to do that to my 65. already turned consistant 12.49 on the quarter ( full street trim -- stereo, dual mufflers with 3 1/2 inch diameter pipes from the header collectors to the rear bumper, spare in the trunk, ect. ) figured look would go good with the car's performance ... suspension was set up for autocross/road racing.

never did it. ended up trading the 65 for a 31 chevy pick up.

opps, we weren't talking cars were we ...

Mr. Terrific and a cartoon ... Fearless Fly ... those were the days ... a hero was a hero ...

Look what's happened to mee- hee ,

I can't believe it myself...

Suddenly I'm on top of the world,

Could've been somebody else... pa pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa pa pa -

Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air, I never thought I could be so Free hee hee..

Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just me! :lol:

81zxturbo

95slobaru

Guest bastaad525

Well the VCD i have is like watching a copied VHS tape but if you really want a copy you can only watch it on certain DVD players like a cheap APEX model or watch it on your 'puter. Let me know if you want a copy and i'll dig it up.

Dude... I wouldn't mind watching it on a crummy '80's B&W portable 2" tv if I had to :D yeah if you can dig it up that'd be suh-weeeeet... been too long since I've seen this show!

Look what's happened to mee- hee ' date='

I can't believe it myself...

Suddenly I'm on top of the world,

Could've been somebody else... pa pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa pa pa -

Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air, I never thought I could be so Free hee hee..

Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just me! :lol:

81zxturbo

95slobaru[/quote']

NICE!!!

Sing it Man!!

I watched this show as well. I think I will have to pick up the set!!