HybridZ

Greetings From Germany

Phantom

Arrived in Germany Tuesday morning after about 16 hours of traveling. Weather is overcast, drizzly, and cool. Work is interesting but, believe me, I didn't lose anything here. Be back home on the 27th but just couldn't keep from checking in on the Hybridz community to be sure you guys are behaving yourselves. :-D

I was there in June for 2 weeks visiting my Father and Step-brother.

Had fun with my rental car on the Autobahn. Sunday morning-- 30 minutes at 115 MPH, not KPH. Kept being passed by these pesky BMW's.

Only saw one Z and it was on a classic car transporter with Ferraris and Porsches.

Sure miss the big, fresh Pretzels and Bratwurst.

I could have bought an intercooler for my Z for what I spent on the airline ticket.

Oh well!!!

Hanns

I'm actually in Dusseldorf attending the "K Show" which is an international plastics industry exposition that occurs once every 3 years. In other words, I'm working.

A.G. - Ein Bier? but do you want ein pils or ein alt? We must be more specific!! :-D

No autobahn throttle time this trip. :( Best I ever did over here was 240 kph (150 mph in a Mercedes sedan back in '86. Since then the cars I've had have been slower. This time I don't think I'll be even renting one at all. Here to work and then go home. Lot's of stuff happening there. My mother died about 10 days ago so I have several details to take care of there and then my son and his wife found out that they are having my grandson two days ago. Many more reasons to be home rather than in Europe.

It sure has changed here since my last trip. I hardly recognize the place and, of course, the Euro is the currency now which really screws up perceived values when compared to the exchange rate that existed with the Mark.

My Condolences on your Mom passing.

Congrats on the news of your grandson.

I've got a few grandkids and they are the greatest.

What's the deal with the right-side operating vehicles?

Do you need some sort of international driver's liscence?

How much is the fuel compaired to here in the US?

Over their it's ? per liter, rather than gal.

I could use some sort of comparison comfort during our soaring fuel cost here in So-Cal.

Thanks,

Dave

I have lived here for about a year. Love it over here the beer and food is great but you got love fried foods and pork or you will be out of luck. I am curently at ramstein. Have only seen two z's my 78 280z and a nice 240z. But I did find a zx on ebay.de that went for 2 euros. See ya later 8) Jason