HybridZ

HybridZ as a political fourm

dsommer

Does the 84 and 85 300ZX turbo have an LSD? If so which one is it' date=' clutch or Viscous?

BTW: Jon, Which differential do they sell that fits an R200?

Wheelman[/quote']

No.

86.5-89 clutch

88 SE model Viscous

They sell the Nissan unit rebadged as Power Brute. It comes with 12mm ring gear bolt holes in the carrier, and you can get some 10mm ID 12mm OD tubing and cut it into ring gear bolt sleeves if you have the earlier 10mm bolts which they used up to 86 IIRC.

Search, it's been discussed fairly recently, or just PM me for the details.

Just saw this post and smilled, I got sucked into one of these debates earlier and then quit and in my last post said that it was too anoying and had to get back to finding a LSD :)

Well I did avoid all political forums and have been properly rewarded by not having to hold back from cursing and moreover was able to get a 3.7 clutch type R200 for $350 which I promptly installed in my car and took out for a drive yesterday, YAHOOOOOO, it feels like I can launch out of tight turns. It actally made more of a difference than I expected. Ordered some R compound Dunlops and getting ready for Sears raceway in a few weeks :twisted:

Returning to the original theme of this thread….

… I disagree. I think that there SHOULD be room for non-automotive discussions on this site, be it about politics, religion, dating, whatever. Why? Because we’re a community. We’re more than just a discussion group on modified Z’s. Why? Because finding technical information on V8 swaps was only part of the reason that this forum was started in the first place. The other part was in reaction to the bashing and denigration on the more “traditional†Z forums, directed towards persons interested in engine swaps. Reaction to such discrimination produced a collection of concerns – philosophical concerns – far beyond merely technical issues.

True, it’s critical that our discussions maintain a level of deference and politeness; and emotional, ranting posts that disregard such criteria will lead to trouble. But by and large, most folks have observed the “rules†when posting about even the most sensitive political and cultural topics.

So, I would opine that so long as the tone and language of the posts adheres to the overarching Hybridz guidelines, any subject is fare game. Even the most controversial.

Otherwise, we’re just another automotive discussion group!

I am sick sick sick of all the politics on this site. No, this site was created for the Z car, that's it. Every damn political joke gets turned into a big argument that does nothing but separate us. It's the common item, the Z car that brings us together. Earlier this year I almost posted my final farewell because I'd had enough of all the political crap here. If you want to have a stiring political discussion there are umpteen sites out there to do that without being perturbed by people talking about Z cars.

A good buddy here on this site reminded me that, "You don't have to read those threads, Dan". And I can't argue with that logic. It's just that I don't come to this site to be presented with those types of discusions.

I've never brought this up to a moderater because I see them participate in the political posts more than most others. Figured they wouldn't be very simpathetic. Well, maybe I was wrong (Thanks for your post Mikelly).

There, I spouted. But it's been boiling under my shin for quite a while. Now it's out.