HybridZ

My %#@* doors won't shut!!!!!!!!

Guest V8Z

Hi, I installed new door seals today and now I have slam the heck out of the door just to make it shut. I tried moving the striker around but it didn't help. and if it did help then the door gaps were off. Any help! Thanks

These are precision replacment part is the name brand of the seal. The rest of the seals fit very nice. Maybe I'll give it a little time an see if they break in. Thanks for the responses.

I feel I should say something about this.. I replaced the one on my passenger door with something I found at a J/Y; Renault Aliance. (sp?) :oops: I cant remember what I used for the drivers side (there was only one on the Renault), but I have to slam the heck out of it (got to find another aliance!) and I'm afraid I'll break the glass one day. The pasenger door closes almost perfect though. Just a thought on a cheaper solution..

I went and got my old seals out of the trash can and I think I will try and clean them up with some good degreaser. There not torn or broke, I just had my car repainted and the buffing compound got on everything and turned a crusty white. But man those doors close so good with the old seals. Thanks for the replies. :wink:

You can adjust the door frame around the glass of the front doors. I used aftermarket door seals. The window framing, is a seperate piece held to the door via bolts you can easily see. When I adjusted mine for the same reason, I placed 4 or 5 aluminum washers on the bolts that holds the window part of the door frame to adjust outward about 1/4 inch. You dont have to take the window out, merely crank it down into the door. Its still a little tight but I did not want any leaks. The door closes nicely with a normal slam.

Ferd

Try spraying the seals with silicone, shut the door and leave out in the sun for several hours if possible. Repeat. The silicone shrinks the rubber but don't so this if you have any plans on taking your Z to an autobody shop real soon (silicone will contaminate the shop).