HybridZ

R-200 3.36 gear

Guest racerbob

Guest racerbob

I converted my 2000 lb GT-2 road racer to LS-1 power.I'm looking for a R-200 with the 3.36 gear.I've been told they came in a '78/'79 280 with a 4 speed.Has anyone ever reserched another ring & pinion other than Nissan that will fit(or can be made to fit)?BOB

The story I've heard on this rear end (R200/3.36) is that in '79 the new 280ZX was offered with an automatic or your choice of a four or five speed manual. The R200/3.36 was only installed with the four speed manual. Since anyone wanting a manual tranny would prefer a five speed over the four very few of the four speeds were sold, thus making this a rather rare bird rear end.

This is only what I've heard from a couple different places. I've no documentation to back it up.

I don't have a phone number for Eric but his e-mail is eric@zparts.com

Guest racerbob

The word I got was 79 2+2 radio delete(pretty much stripped)roll down windows etc. You're right,RARE.Gotta have something taller than 3.54 for Road Atlanta.I'll try J-pan.Let you know.Thanks for your help,BOB

Guest racerbob

Well,ask and you shall recieve.Called a buddy in Pensacola (aunt lives in Japan)He has a Scarab that he removed the 3.15 limited slip from!That gives me approx 180mph top end!Fast enough!Thanks for all the info. BOB

Oh dudes, you have made my day! I had a late 74 260Z 2+2 GIVEN to me that I have been wondering about...

Four speed car. If this indeed has my 3.36, I will not have to do the R230 swap with the 3.36 or 2.89 Armada Diffy for Bonneville!

WOO HOO!

And that means that other 3.9 R200 I have will already have a home... To replace the one I take out of the 2+2...

• 2 weeks later...