HybridZ

RB SWAP -> 200ZR mounts/oil pan availability

drunkenmaster

I am currently in Japan and I have been checking what used parts stores etc that i can as well as online and I cannot find 200ZR engine mounts or oil pans anywhere other than on a whole car.

My question is, how easy are they to find at wreckers in the US and how much would be an average price for both items?

I have family in the US at the moment who could bring them home for me.

Sorry, no 200ZR models were used here in the states.

And the people that have bought these parts have done so through a nissan dealer in japan and gone with NEW parts.

The pan and mounts are not that cheap, but not that outrageours, either.

no clue as to price. the cars with the conversions have more in the conversions than I paid for all ove my Z's combined! :lol:

many times if you just go into the parts counter of the locak Princ/Skyline/Z dealer you can get the P.N and Pricing by looking at fiche.

Having a language barrier hepls, as they tend to let you behind the counter to point at what you want. At least they did last time I tried buying parts with a non-english speaking parts salesman!! 8)

Just be advised the dealerships are set up differently in japan, you will have to find a "performance" dealer that sells skylines and Z's to have the right parts books.

The Sunny dealer may not have a clue to what you are talking about!

You Might Try Car Shop Ultimate if you are in Metro Tokyo area. Tetsu Takakamo is very accomodating, but alas, my namecard file is on the truck seat at home, and I'm in Milan Italy right now, otherwise I could give you the number. He has an RB in his ZX, and his company specializes in these types of conversions, so he knows the ins and outs.

And probably has the parts in stock! :shock:

Good Luck. If you plan on being in-country for a while I will be returning on December 1st at noon California Time, and could look for Tetsu's card then and give you the contact information then. E-Mail me so I don't forget! :oops:

I have been here for 3 months and am returning on the 15th Dec.

The day I am leaving I will have a few hours in Tokyo, but I suppose not enough time for exploring unless this person is very close to a train station.

I have really left my Christmas shopping for myself too late i think.

After searching some more, I have found opinions that the 200ZR mounts are not ideal. The oil pan would still be a big cost saver for me though, depending on price.

Thanks for the detailed response.

This will give Tetsu 2 weeks to get you the part if I can find his card directly when I return. I'm sure he will be able to get you the parts---bring an extra bag when you leave! :lol:

As diseased as you, on a 9 day trip to Europe, I have brought a dufflebag to stuff a Eurospec Turbo Manifold into so I can see about getting it repaired since they are NLA...

I should have brought a bigger bag... :wink:

I have 3 pans and 6 pickups for sale. If you need one give me an email at jtbaldwin@hotmail.com and we can work something out.

Thanks' date='

JT[/quote']

Hey John, I'd like one of those pick ups, as I only have the pan, and when I do try to sell it, it would help if I also had the pick up.

I promiss to wait and not try to sell mine right away, so you can sell yours...

thyanks

joel

I have 3 pans and 6 pickups for sale. If you need one give me an email at jtbaldwin@hotmail.com and we can work something out.

Thanks' date='

JT[/quote']

Hey John, I'd like one of those pick ups, as I only have the pan, and when I do try to sell it, it would help if I also had the pick up.

I promiss to wait and not try to sell mine right away, so you can sell yours...

thyanks

joel

I've got 5 bucks that says you won't be able to keep that sucker cool in summer ;)

Dude, if you can, get to Ultimate. They are in Chiba, they are the biggest Z car shop in Japan. They have a very nice workshop and some very very cool cars. Tetsu runs the show and he speaks ok english. At least he did last time I was there.

If I could read Kanji as good as I would like to I could tell you which train station you need to get to. Here is a map, print it out and get someone to explain it to you

Notice I only bet $5 - and Au dollars at that, so call it $3.90 US :)

I just can't work out how you will get the airflow with a bar/plate IC AND aircon. I have a tube/fin IC, no aircon and 28 amps of fans (14" + 9"), and once the ambient temp goes past 32C the temp climbs to around 85C. We measured the air temp past the turbo at 220C, and the firewall hit 70C. And the battery got to 50C... I guess left hand drive has some advantages - but at least my shoes wont melt to the floor!

Notice I only bet $5 - and Au dollars at that' date=' so call it $3.90 US :)

[/quote']

:D Fair enough!! I hope your not 100% correct when it comes to my car...

To be truthfull, I am a bit concerned about this possiblity of no air flow.

I think I may have let the WOW factor influnce my better judgement.....:oops:

I guess we'll see huh?