HybridZ

Racer X and other paint guys.. NO 56K! alot of pics!!!!

Guest ON3GO

Racer X.

would say a flat black and then say a satin metallic black on top (two tone lool) would look good?

i want a car that will look evil and mean when you look at it..

maybe a gloss orange pin stripe spilting the two blacks?

is there any 3 tone colors packages that would look good on a Z???

i want a color that is different, will show off the lines yet still show its mean, and look just plan evil in all sorts of light.

mike

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Racer X..

ive been fooling with photoshop some more and even started painting some Z models i have in different combos i like.

will get some pics up soon for all to see.

im really liking a Dark Silver Gloss finish on top of the car and a dull satin black on the botom with say a orange pin stripe inbetween...

ive been trying to just get a theme going on the car and its very hard.

its even harder when your getting helped by somebody that knows his stuff and always has good ideas (Ed)..

i just want something different then others have on there Z's but its very hard as people have done it all on them.

mike

thanks racer x... it sure does help.

i just started looking threw my "men" magazines like Maxim and Stuff, looking at some of the different combo's and etc of colors.

most are bright thought..

ive also been looking at CD covers and old albums my parents gave me... alot of good ideas there.

dark silver with a light silver is something i have been playing with..

see i want to work in orange some how, as the block of the motor is painted orange and ill be doing little things here and there in orange..

i think i need to buy more Z's because i just want so many different themes.

also heres a pic of how the Z looks now..

849_p17821.jpg

i love the blue thats on there now, its that new 350Z Daytona blue.

and i do think its got that cool mean street car look now but i think it needs more.

i also wouldnt mind a Race Car paint theme either, i know your full of old cool pictures, maybe you have a pic of a car with a very mean looking paint scheme and maybe i could work with it abit to get just a slightly different look...??

also me and ed were talking just now and we both think your a baller!

thanks man

mike

well baller means ur the man pretty much, were kids hehe..

thanks again :) wow ill have to get you to sign the car once its done lol.

heres a idea Ed came up with, i just threw out some ideas on paint colors and he swapped them from what he had in the 1st place..

its not my car but ya get the idea..

849_p37779.jpg

and

849_p37780.jpg

maybe also black and blue and that will make the orange black stand out..?

what ya think?

mike

wow i get your idea and so does ed...

i thought about something like that but didnt no if it would flow well with the lines of the Z, but ed is making a chop of ur ideas to see if we 100% get it.

anyways heres some paint ideas i thought of and did on photoshop.. i need to get better at this :)

sorta plan and simple yet dark and classic looking

849_p37781.jpg

heres a little different look of that classic look

849_p37782.jpg

and i sorta like this one..

849_p37783.jpg

and ed is doing a chop of ur idea and ill edit that in once he is done...

mike

edit here is ed's pic of what we think ur talking about...

he said he should added more black on the one side where theres more yellow/orange..

849_p37784.jpg

ya i saw the pic of the engine bay, very cool..

in fact i have ur pics all saved on my computer, i drool over ur old rx7 and other cars u either owned or painted..

also heres another one i did..

849_p37785.jpg

never seen the headlights go with the stripe before, looks sorta cool.

also guys on this forum, your more then willing to take a idea or whole paint scheme me and ed did if you want for your Z!

im not just helping me im also trying to help others with ideas.

and ya im getting a tad better at this photoshop.. need to take a class like ed to know how to use all the tools.

mike

ok guys since i dont sleep anymore and since im sick ill just keep making different paint schemes..

whats your thoughts on these..

849_p37789.jpg

and or

849_p37790.jpg

i sorta like that theme.. im so happy im getting better at this PS :D

mike

thanks guys for all the kind words and choices.

now racer x im really like the last PS i did, with that small orange stripe..

or the one before it without it..

im just afraid i wont get that "WOW" feeling each time i look at it like u had said before in ths post.

i have a TON more PS's im doing and ill post the best of the best.

mike

ok well this is my fav so far..

ill tell you why.

i have a spoiler thats sorta a wrap around so i could paint that with the stripe and it would look very very sharp.

seems it would be a pretty easy paint job also, and simple yet very refreashing.

849_p37817.jpg

car doesnt have to be orange but maybe a yellow, blue, or whatever.

what ya think?

mike

I really like the pictures and ideas being posted here, thanks for sharing the ideas. I end up doing my ideas on paper because I do not have photo shop, but some of them are similar to what you have done, especially with the staggared stripe down the side. I really like that. I used to think it would look good to paint it with a lot of line to make it look like graph paper :lol:

It is also interesting to see these PS'd picture to see the different personalities that come from the car - amazing.

For your idea of "mean" looking I like the last one posted in orange with the black stripe. My first thought was Starsky and Hutch but the more I look at it the more I like it and the change of wheels really sets it off.

I believe there was a recent post here about a car on e-bay that had a two tone paint job with the stripe going from one back corner to the oposite front corner - it looked very nice.

I recently had my car painted by a friend - he did it in his garage, it really sucks though, body work I did is poor at best. The only things that saves me from total embarasment it knowing it is a temporary paint job - it only has to last until I do the YZ / Subtle Z body kit. In the mean time I am very interested in paint scheme options.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Macrobiote

I've really enjoyed this thread and I am very thankful for it being here. That last photoshop with the black and orange scheme is friggin Siiicck. I'm born and raised San Francisco so I've been pondering diffrent orange and black schemes in my head as well as on paper and thats EXACTLY what I've been trying to put down. If you don't use it I will gladly take the idea off your hands. Oh and black rims on it is hella tight no joke.

Guest DiskoStu280Z

My car looks pretty similar to the last orange one. It's yellow with a black stripe, gunmetal wheels. I would post a pic, but i'm not sure how to. Oh yeah, ON3GO, I met you at the Oscar's creamery meet over the summer, you remember what my car looks like?

My car looks pretty similar to the last orange one. It's yellow with a black stripe, gunmetal wheels. I would post a pic, but i'm not sure how to. Oh yeah, ON3GO, I met you at the Oscar's creamery meet over the summer, you remember what my car looks like?

haha hey man... whats up.

your car is very cool.

let let me know when you wanna turbo that beast!

mike

also guys ill be more then happy to Photoshop some pics for ya.

maybe it will help ya with some ideas for your Z.

i desided on my paint idea.

ford corbra orange (with some extra pearl) with black stripes :)

mike