HybridZ

Racer X and other paint guys.. NO 56K! alot of pics!!!!

Guest ON3GO

see where u have that line..

i was gonna do the bottom that new EVO MR grey and the top the mazdaspeed orange with a black line where u have it.

and have the bludge on the hood be grey

mike

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want it to look "auto-modellista-ish" i would suggest that color..

thats the look i want.. i love that honda color i just dont know if thats the white i want..

see i look at my Z's as people.. its werid YES but thats how i see it.

i see the green car has the kid who always gets what he wants and is the best at everything..

i see the blue Z as the red headed step child who might not be the best but he will always be there, always gets the job done, and doesnt ask for shit.

i want to make this blue Z as a pure street car that has a look from every type of car culture.. from the rat rods, to the 60's and 70's american hot rods, to the new and old "JDM" look...

mike

It really sucks that i can draw and airbrush' date=' but cant photoshop worth a shi*

Oh well[/quote']

im bad too, lol.. takes some time to get sorta "okay"

mike

another design/style i thought about was paint the car a Ruby red (glossy but a very deep and dark reddish color) with like a flat black hood bludge and tail light panel... with maybe a white pin stripe on the bludge?..

ill go on photoshop and mess around, im SO bored and cant sleep.

i just wrapped my downpipe IN MY ROOM! at almost 2am because its way to cold to go outside in the garage.

mike

ok guys please dont make fun of my photoshops..

its like my 2nd time using it and i dont even no how to use all these crazy tools.

anyways here some ideas i have, i like all the different designs on all colors but i dont have times nor am i good enough to do all the ideas i have on each color..

heres some pics..

heres the white idea.. its not great all but u get the idea (i hope atleast) you can see where i want that orange line.. i would like to use the orange inside the engine bay on some parts so i think it would flow well with the white and black and the polished trim and lips on the wheels.

849_p36944.jpg

now heres a idea, prob a stupid one but you guys ever see those honda insight electric hybrid cars? well ever see that yellow greenish color on them? i always thought it could work well on a Z.

849_p36943.jpg

now heres that ruby red color i was talking about. you dont see it much on Z's and its very classic and rich looking.

849_p36942.jpg

now heres a color that would scream badass street car!

its that type of color that you see alot on like the dodge concept cars and alot of other crazy cars..

heres a few ideas of paint schemes that could work on ALL colors but i did it on this one cuz it was the last chop i did lol.

849_p36941.jpg

849_p36940.jpg

849_p36939.jpg

a few things..

i know on most of these chops im getting away from that DULL look i want but some of these colors just look to good to be dull.

im still open to ideas, right now though the dull white with gloss black accents is taken the cake.

the car will sport ZG flares and my CCW wheels thats on the green Z now once i put the 280YZ kit on that car. but thats down the road..

also i would like to paint the air dam with the color of the car but im not great at photoshop like i said before. BUT on maybe like the all black hood i would keep it black also??? i dunno.

like i said i have a open mind, i just want to do something different then everybody else does to there Z...

tell me what ya guys think..

mike

Guest 240zJake

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/113_0405_paint/index.html

the color they paint that rat rod is sweet.

http://importtuner.com/features/0306it_nissan240sx/

Pink base and candy red on top that color is sex. Replace the pink base with a ruby base and accent it with satin black and you would kill.

Flat white and satin black would also kill. I'm torn. :?

Damn you ed!

well ed sent me this chop he did.. and now im liking his stripe idea.

heres what he did. (he is pretty good at it, im not lol)

849_p37089.jpg

i like that and i wouldnt have a problem paint my other Z green, plus its like a Army type dull green which i sorta like!

now i took his idea and tried some different colors.

Bright orange is cool but been done so many times, but its a color that just looks at home on the Z.

849_p37085.jpg

heres that EVO MR grey color (again i suck at thos photoshop, sorry)

849_p37086.jpg

heres a color that would look cool! a dullish type black with a hint of like blueish.. could work!

849_p37087.jpg

and heres that rubyish type color...

849_p37088.jpg

also i like how the stripe goes to the back, as i can then tie that in with the wing i have some how..???

mike

Racer X.. thanks ill deff go to the book store and check out everything you said.

now you know 100% more then i do on this and you have great taste from the looks of all your cars you painted and had in your life.

what do you think is a better shade for a S30 Z?

would a two tone car look good in all dark dark colors?

is it better to have a Satin or Flat paint on the part of the car you want to bring out more? or gloss?

i also have a question about using a paint roller instead of a spray gun...

i read up on it abit and from what i got out of it, its for putting down primer and its used in those old rat rod type looks.. am i close on this?

since this will be my 1st car painting and doing body work on (complete atleast) should i go with a type of paint or color to hide my mistakes?

if so what?

im really digging this whole other part of life in the car world!

cant wait for school!!

mike

Man i really like that dull grey(3rd pic) and that orange(2nd pic) car you photoshoped' date=' Ed!!! I wish I could photoshop like that!

Guy[/quote']

me too!

ed is good! he came over and gave me some tips in PS!!

bastard is good lol..

ed, you need to get a working car and get your finger in good shape! so u can come over and pick me up cuz my Z never runs :)

mike

Why thank ya, thank ya very much. Yeah, the finger definatly needs to get healed, damn thing. They told me today if it turns black or green I gotta go to the ER ASAP. I'm wearn' this goofy ass AL splint right now. Sucks, but what can ya do?

-I convinced my dad to spray some paint for me since my finger is all F**ed up. I just gotta go prep and sand with the left hand haha.

-Thanks for the help RacerX, come down to TX and all three of us will work on a project Z! :lol:

Cheers

-Ed

Mike so you understand that movie yet? I still don't understand it. :shock:

Why thank ya' date=' thank ya very much. Yeah, the finger definatly needs to get healed, damn thing. They told me today if it turns black or green I gotta go to the ER ASAP. I'm wearn' this goofy ass AL splint right now. Sucks, but what can ya do?

-I convinced my dad to spray some paint for me since my finger is all F**ed up. I just gotta go prep and sand with the left hand haha.

-Thanks for the help RacerX, come down to TX and all three of us will work on a project Z! :lol:

Cheers

-Ed

Mike so you understand that movie yet? I still don't understand it. :shock:[/quote']

ya hope ya finger gets better..

and i still have no clue what that movie was about, im just still laughing my ass off when the frog hit the guy in the face and he fell off the poll.

hahaha

but Racer X.. mind if i pick ya mind on some two tone ideas threw PM?

mike