HybridZ

New Seats.

titanium

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAD (Dynamic Auto Design) - and that's the only model I know of that they make. They fit on stock rails with some slotting on the passenger's side and two straight strips of steel on the driver's side to use as "adapter brackets." Pretty convenient for installation and they fit well in my 77 and 78 (just barely touch the door - don't imepede its closing.)

If you are going to do road racing I would suggest a fixed back. I plan on using a set of Momo Start's. They are also FIA approved. Best price I have found is this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7941613398&category=33701&sspagename=WDVW

Free shipping...not bad! I would also recommend something along these lines if you're going to road race. My cars are both going to stay (barely) streetable.

Take a look a Corbeaus. I have the Forza II (Blue with black trim). The cost was about $500.00 (shipped) which included brackets made for my Z year. Also, included the harness and pads. I LOVE THEM, if you do not like the fix back, check out the A4 Corbeau. Look at fit in my album - the seats took about two hours remove seats and install (rear bracket bolts took some art to tighten down). Also, I am 6ft. 215 lb. and I am comfortable on long drives. Shop around for price, several racing distributors sell Corbeaus.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/forza2/forza2.shtml#

If you are at all tall... be VERY careful! Most of the seats mentioned on here are too high for someone like me! I am 6' 3" and have tried quite a few seats, the stock ones work great of course, the only ones I have found that are suitable for me are out of a 200sx I believe. I ended up going to the junk yard and searching around with my tape measure until I found something that fit and was low!

demidion is right! If your a tall person (5' 10" or better) you might want to look at a set of SPARCO entry level and certified race seats. The butt pad portion of the seats are suspended similar to the stock seats and won't put your head up against the headliner. How do I know this? Went through this exercise myself. My seats are in a fixed position and by drilling additional holes in the stock seat brackets they bolted right up. I actually used some of the stock round plastic seat spacers to get my seatback angle to my satisfaction. These seats are like a glove....absolutely perfect for performance driving. They take a little getting used to, to get in and out of them.....probably a little more effort with a rollcage. I payed $200.00 each and they will accommodate a harness as well. Just my two cents worth...hope it helps you out some.