HybridZ

New Seats.

titanium

I always like my sparco sprints. its the base model but its FIA approved and super comfy. I had them in my 240Z and its was my daily driver/weekend warrior. I also drove to houston many many times with those seats and never had on complaint. 5'11 here and plenty of room to spare.....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've gotta be 5point compatible 4 points just seem so easy to slide into the pedals durring an accident. Anyone with first hand experiance that can help me with my final decision?

you'll be hard pressed sliding anywhere in or out of any fixed back FIA approved seat (I only have experiance with the sparcos though) if you've got your four-point properly mounted and fitted around your bod than you shouldnt have a problem. I really would stress sitting in any seat your thinking of buying. I know thats not always possible, but different body types need different kinds of support in order to be comfortable. If your not comfortable in your seat, you will never get the most out of your car.

I've got a set Of TENZO-R Rally seats (5-point) in the early 260 and I'm 6' 1" @ 225lbs 34-36" waist. They are perfectly snug for me.

The leather wrapped(custom leather upholstery)in the 73' turbo Z are from a (cough) Honda 89-91 and adapted really well and are very comfy ! I've also got two sets I'd sell ( 125.00$ set).SHAMELESS PLUG!sorry !

The Recaro's that are going in the Widebody RB-Z AWD car are the newer style and are definatly in a higher class of construction IE: comfort/distance heated/cooled blah,blah,blah.

The Tenzo's were around 450.00$ and the Recaro's were around 2,800.00$ !

I think price should reflect how much seat time you plan on ACTUALLY doing in the ride,and of course that pesky thing called "Budget"."frickin' thang".

lol..............Vince

I have Corbeau A4s in my ZXT and love them....strongly recommended installed this past summer. I paid $500 for the pair brand new off eBay - too good a deal to pass up and then I bought the slider rails separately.

I had 1987 Turbo 300ZX Turbo seats before in my ZXT - comfy but the driver side weighed 52lbs and the passenger side was 31lbs!!

The Corbeaus are 25lbs each!

56468012.jpg

56468009.jpg

56468005.jpg

56468002.jpg

Hope that helps.

Ysasin

Ditto on the DAD seats, they kick arse. I'm 6'2", and I'm pretty sure they sit a little lower than the stock seats did, as I've gained about an inch of clearance above my head with these. They also seem to have better quality control than a lot of seats that are in the same price range, the APC seats come to mind as being particularly bad. The DAD's are probably comparable to seats in the $600 per seat range. Having said that though, I don't think I can recommend them, since there are already at least 3 of us on Hybridz that have them, and it would detract from the originality of our cars if everyone else gets them:)

Mike

I have Recaros in mine that I have had a long time.They have been recovered,poorly in my opinion.They have been good seats but need a little work now and I recently came across a single Sparco Torino brand new for 225 bucks.The bad news is a matching seat is gonna cost about 500-600 bucks,sooooo.....The recaros are for sale if anybody is interested.I will bring them to SEZS5 in march,or they can be picked up in Birmingham area if we do a deal.I'll post a couple of pics in my album.Sorry,no provisions for harnesses.

I've sat in Joel's dad seats and they are VERY comfy!!!! I am probably going to buy a set similar to them when the time comes. I am a large brawny type bodied guy, VERY braud shoulders muscular build with a gut lol 6'2 about 280lbs. I am probably going to cut and drop the seat mounting braces down an inch before I install the seats though just for a little extra.

i just bought the sparco evo L seat for my z project. it`s so damn tight in my car with the cage and all so i will make my own mounts that will mount underneath the seat. the bottom of the seat will only be 3mm of the floor to give me headroom enough with a helmet and the cage. the seat is absolutely great to sit in, and just fits inside the z :) close call though

the seat i bought is the new version of evo2 and looks almost simular to this one

2017l.jpg

Is it hard to install the Sprints with the slider at all or no? I think I've decided on getting those.

not at all! it does raise the seat up a tad, but because the seat has minimal padding (almost none) you basically sit WAY lower than stock anyway. I actually had some spacers on mine to get them up a tad bit higher.

Guest DiZeased_240

I don't agree with the fact with those DAD seats claiming that they are "racing" seats. They are in-fact "race" inspired street seats. If anyone is planning to race I would look towards the fixed back like Schlasken is using. The Evo2 is a good, FIA approved seat that will give you proper support in the torso area.

Otherwise the DAD's work fine for the street.

I don't agree with the fact with those DAD seats claiming that they are "racing" seats. They are in-fact "race" inspired street seats. If anyone is planning to race I would look towards the fixed back like Schlasken is using. The Evo2 is a good' date=' FIA approved seat that will give you proper support in the torso area.

Otherwise the DAD's work fine for the street.[/quote']

Who are you talking about? Not one person in this thread said they would be appropriate for road racing or even referred to them as "racing" seats. If you'll scroll back, I agreed with you the first time.

The fact is, they'd be much better than stock seats for road racing, if you were going to road race your street/weekend car. (I don't plan on it doing it regularly, but hot lapping once and a while would be fun.) They work very well for autocross (although some people call that precision driving, not racing.)

In any case, I don't see any reason to get worked up about the terminology in the first place, even if we had all been calling them racing seats. That's what race "style" seats are usually called even if they are designed to be streetable compromise.

Merry Z-mas!

Guest DiZeased_240

Sorry, Forrest. I wasn't trying to ruffle anyone's feathers and I apologize if anyone took it that way. I never pointed a finger at anyone in this post, it was more just a statement against the way the ebay seller was portraying them as "racing seats". I should have been more clear in my post. Nothing against you or anyone else.

It's just something that bothers me that people might purchase these thinking that they are getting a true race seat(because that's what the ebay description says) when what they are really getting is a glorified street seat with some side bolstering. They might hug your torso a little better but I doubt they would be any better than stock seats in the event of a crash. For $330 a pair you are getting a race look and probably equal safety to stock.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Merry Z-mas and ZX-mas too!