HybridZ

Eibach springs

I have a set of Eibach springs on my 240z the problem is that the rear is sitting lower than the front. If there's anyone with Ebiach and you car sit

Level can you look at you springs and see if you can read the part# on them a let me know which goes where. and if the tightly wined side goes up or down

Thanks

I have the same problem.

I went to msa and told them this story And they sold em a pair of donuts.

They go in the rear, Our Z's come with them but wear out.

When we take the old struts out in most cases this donuts are not there.

I bought a pair but have not installed them yet.

• 9 months later...
Long ones go in back, .
Apparently, this is wrong, for any future search engine users. I picked the wrong post to follow the advice of. No big deal though, just have to redo them tomorrow. .001 in front, .202 in back. the shorter ones actually go in the back, or you will get this:

whats_wrong1.jpg

• 3 years later...

The long ones DO go in the back. Not sure what problem 2003z was having, maybe he had a 280 and switched the strut tops front to rear or something, but I'm 99.999999% sure on the spring length. You can search here or at classiczcars.com and find the question asked before with the same answer.

Example:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32463

Also the spring winding thing is correct as stated by A G Olphart. Putting the tighter winds at the top means that less of the spring is unsprung weight. It's a little thing, but the devil is in the details.

for what its worth... I put the tighter wound end on the top when I installed the eibachs in my car, if I were to do it again I'd do it the other way around. When the car is on the ground most of the coils on the tighter end are bound, and when that end is on top it prevents you from looking through and seeing the shock shaft. Its nice to be able to tell at a glance if you're hitting the bumpstops.

for what its worth... I put the tighter wound end on the top when I installed the eibachs in my car, if I were to do it again I'd do it the other way around. When the car is on the ground most of the coils on the tighter end are bound, and when that end is on top it prevents you from looking through and seeing the shock shaft. Its nice to be able to tell at a glance if you're hitting the bumpstops.

Don't mean to be rude, but do you really think you're going to hit the bumpstops when you're looking at the spring, or do you maybe have a camera set up in the fenderwell or something? If not, you should KNOW if you're hitting the bumpstops with the car stationary, because it would shake your fillings out when you drove it. If you want to check what part of the travel is being used, I like the zip tie on the shock shaft method. Perhaps doing that test might require taking the tire off if the spring was on the right way, but how many times are you going to need to check that?