HybridZ

Should I keep away from Top End Performance?

pjo046

I have been told by several people to not do business with Top End Performance due to them being expensive, bad products etc etc. Well, I got a new TEC3 off ebay for only 1470$, so didn't have to buy that from them.

:-)

But as for turbo, they offer me a new polished turbonetics T3/T04 hybrid with 50 trim, stage 5 turbine wheel, 0.63 A/R Turbine, 0.50 A/R compressor, water cooled center section and internal wastegate for 940$. For 140$ extra I get the turbine ceramic coated. (for an additional 400$ I get ball bearings, but I can't afford that, and I guess I really don't need it either)

I have heard this combination is the optimum hybrid you can have on a L6. I have tried contacting many others, but the prices don't compare. So do you really think I shouldn't buy this? Or, do you know of any other places I can get it cheaper?

The more input you guys have on this, the better! :-)

Well, Clifton, I have tried three times to contact cheap turbos that you listed there, and asked them what the price will be if I also want a watercooled centersection and a ceramic coated turbine on the T3/T04E Hybrid they sell. But they have never replied to my e-mails.

So I have almost given them up. Maybe they don't ship to Norway? Anyways, the first time I contacted them is several weeks ago, so I must say that's lousy service.

I have heard that the hybrid is better than the pure T04 on the L6 engines because that has more lag and isn't as responsive?

Well the smaller exhaust house is not to small it is just what you want to do with car! i even have a 48 but i want a road car/track car not a drag car

and i want boost of the line, and a responsive turbo

But yeah i heard bad stuff about top end aswel, never dealt with them in person though

Later

Frank

I would stay away from TEP and that price for a non ball bearing turbo is not that great. I just received my turbo from cheapturbo.com and it is just what I ordered and arrived in a timely fashion. They responded immediately to my emails. I dealt with Ken. Too bad you live in Norway or you could just call. They have several choices that would save you hundreds over TEP.

http://www.innovativeturbo.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0097.2.4995118034711958761

also has some turbo's that are t3 that would be applicable and are 850.00 still saving you money. I have not dealt with Innovative but they have a good reputation.

Anthony

'71 510 wagon, '91 Toyota Supra Turbo engine (357 rwhp)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/674663

Well' date=' Clifton, I have tried three times to contact cheap turbos that you listed there, and asked them what the price will be if I also want a watercooled centersection and a ceramic coated turbine on the T3/T04E Hybrid they sell. But they have never replied to my e-mails.

So I have almost given them up. Maybe they don't ship to Norway? Anyways, the first time I contacted them is several weeks ago, so I must say that's lousy service.

I have heard that the hybrid is better than the pure T04 on the L6 engines because that has more lag and isn't as responsive?[/quote']

I run a full T4's on both my L28 and 7M. Lag isn't too (18psi around 3800-4000rpm) bad but power is great. I was however refering to to the compressor size. The stage 5 is already a pretty large turbine wheel, atleast compared to the O trim I run. Here's another place also. http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers.php

Guest bastaad525

Agreed. I've been to TEP a couple times, they are very local to me. For one, their prices are usually relatively high. I couldn't say that their products are bad, just they charge too much for them. For two, the owner, Steve, if he is the owner I'm not even sure but sure carries himself around like he's the boss, is a real prick. Over the phone and in person. Good luck getting good answers from him on any questions you might have, and if you DO happen to get an answer, expect a healthy dose of bad attitude with it.

I won't do business with them anymore.