HybridZ

Hayabusa motor part II

Guest jeff1216

That's actually a bit on the anemic side as Busa motors go!

Rick Yaccouci mad e over 450 from his 1000cc Busa motor, and 619 with a 1350cc!

At 10500, utilizing a Megasquirt fueling system.,

He used it to record several Land Speed Records.

His main page is http://www.turborick.com, but for the life of me, I can not find his dyno charts there anymore, and most of his land speed stuff is well hidden now, including his 300+mph run at Bonneville two years ago. It was a nice WMV---definately a "carnk it up" moment on the ole laptop!

As for stregnth of the parts, On Rick's first pass at Bonneville, he stripped the teeth off the drive chain sprocket.

On the next run, the 1350 sheared the output flange off the crankshaft....

So he installed the "lower powered" 1000CC engine, and ran 245 or something like that.

At the next outing, the 600+ hP{ unit was back in the "red dart" and he broke 311 on a two-way average.

Funny thing was had he not sheared on the one run, his speed was well over 325 at the time, and by not making a return run under power, he lost out to having "fast time" of the meet. Which went to a V8 powered Streamliner with far more money and horsepower than I can comprehend, but only a 299 mph top speed!

Guest jeff1216

Its all in the delivery....You have to adjust the waste gate so that the power comes on nice and smooth.....If you put those type of ponies to a single rear wheel all at once..............Awesome burnout only :)

And Yes.........The motors hold up just fine.

Guest jeff1216
That's actually a bit on the anemic side as Busa motors go!

Rick Yaccouci mad e over 450 from his 1000cc Busa motor' date=' and 619 with a 1350cc!

At 10500, utilizing a Megasquirt fueling system.,

He used it to record several Land Speed Records.

His main page is http://www.turborick.com, but for the life of me, I can not find his dyno charts there anymore, and most of his land speed stuff is well hidden now, including his 300+mph run at Bonneville two years ago. It was a nice WMV---definately a "carnk it up" moment on the ole laptop!

As for stregnth of the parts, On Rick's first pass at Bonneville, he stripped the teeth off the drive chain sprocket.

On the next run, the 1350 sheared the output flange off the crankshaft....

So he installed the "lower powered" 1000CC engine, and ran 245 or something like that.

At the next outing, the 600+ hP{ unit was back in the "red dart" and he broke 311 on a two-way average.

Funny thing was had he not sheared on the one run, his speed was well over 325 at the time, and by not making a return run under power, he lost out to having "fast time" of the meet. Which went to a V8 powered Streamliner with far more money and horsepower than I can comprehend, but only a 299 mph top speed![/quote']

Ummmm....Mr Tony there has never been or will there every be a 1000cc Busa Motor...............Somebody blew some smoke up your butt.

Busa motors are 1300 cc from the factory

Guest jeff1216

The fastest (current record holder) is 242 MPH...this was made with a

2000 Hayabusa at Bonneville....the bike made 404 HP and 243 torque....the run was made with a bad rear wheel bearing.

The bike owner is Hank Booth......This particular Busa was powered by a 1363cc motor and was running a turbo....The same fellow ownes a 685HP busa.

The record holding run was made by a friend of mine on Hank's bike.......Troy (the rider) goes by the nickname RZ350.

As far as I can tell all speed #'s posted in the previous post are 100% bogus.

100% not trying to stir any shit Tony.....Just letting you know the facts.