steven (sleeper Z)

chris (chris240zturbo)

igor (260zed ??)

jeff

vann

and a few others.

mike

There are TONS of memebers from Texas.

I used to live in Dallas and will return to the Rockwall/Rowlett area outside of Dallas in a few months. I have only met a handfull of members, but here is a short list of Dallas or nearby guys.

Zfan

Zman377

Lone Star 1

Phantom

Corzette

RPMS

If my memory is correct, here is a rundown on some of them.

Zfan announces at the track at Ennis sometimes. Really cool guy, his only hangup is that he keeps blowing up motors! (383 with juice).

Zman377- I met him and his wife last year at Ennis. This guy has some toys! -Two Grand Nationals- -An in your face Toyota 4X4- -Wife drives a WRX- -and his 377 Z is killer- Also with nitrous, I think. http://www.1badz.com

Lone Star 1 has a SC LS1. I believe he was the first to have his LS1 up and driving. I rode in it when it was NA and it is very quick! A real pioneer with great fabrication skills. He is always doing soccer stuff with the family.

Phantom has an LS1 daily driver that was the prototype for the John's Cars Kit and it is a beautiful install. Super cool guy. We went to his house just to get a ride in the car. He gave me and my wife a ride. When he was researching the swap, he came to look at how I mounted the LS1 and brought by a present for my newborn son. He is a definitely a class act.

Corzette is all about the 1/4 mile and he is dropping in a 383 soon. He loves AFR heads and made me add AFR heads to my future wish list for my LS1.

I met RPMS at the same lunch meeting when Corzette picke up some parts from me.

RPMS also has a SBC, likes motorcycles and has a website. I can't recall it right now.

There are certainly many others but those are the few I've met briefly. My impression of each has been that they are stand up guys and it appears that this whole Hybridz community lures that type of people.

Just a tip, Every motor i broke in, and book, ive read it says NO sustained speeds

For a small block your not supposed to go over 55, and you not supposed to keep it at the same speed for a long time.

i know theres plenty of ppl here, that have 10 different ways to break it in.

The worst is "BREAK IT IN LIKE YOUR GONNA DRIVE IT" i think thats just ignorant.

Just a tip man, im sure you know your stuff tho

Sorry to hijack the thread, but...

About the engine break-in, I'm trying to follow Grumpy's procedure, although I'm a little confused about one part. I'm going to vary RPMs between 1500-4000 for 15 min., drive it around for approx. 60 min., then change oil and filter. Here's where I'm not sure about: In this thread, Grumpyvette first says to not do any steady, continuous driving until after 500 miles. But, after that, he says that by using mineral oil, the rings will be seated by 100 miles and you can drive the dog out of it, so I'm not quite sure about that. Thank you, however, for chiming in -- I guess it's a sign that I should just take my truck instead and give the hybrid some city driving before I go on a road trip.

Thats a good idea to take the truck. I mean i know you may be a master engine builder, but something could still go wronge. Better safe than sorry.

And, just another tip, when i do my break in's, some ppl say its a waste, But, once i get it started, i run it for a few minutes, then change oil and filter. The change again, after an hour, or however long you think. All that cam grease and stuff, im always in a hurry to get that outa the system.