HybridZ

Just how many Texan's do we have?

HarrisonTX

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zfan located in Plain old Plano, Tx. Lots of Hybrid types roaming the streets. I am waiting for my motor to get put back together and then it's back to Ennis, Tx.

You here that guys..It's time to have a get together in March at Ennis. We can go pick on some unsuspecting characters.

Mike

I don't know how I missed this thread.

For some reason I doubt my '74 will be back together before March, but I'm up for watching and taking some pics.

As described in my signature, Richland Hills here. Just east of Ft.Worth.

Just look for the driveway with 3 Z's in it and one in the garage.

Anyone need parts from an '81 2+2? Or the whole car? PM me

BTW the below new times were on a broken gas pedal. My normal mileage is around 90 in the 1/8th and 114 in the 1/4. Im sure she would have been in the 11s. cant talk trash just have to wait till spring...then theres that NOS shot waiting!

Terry

Look on page 2 of this topic, i was talking directly to you.. im dying to know the answer

FWIW - I'm from Arlington and have just become President of the Cowtown Z Club which meets the second Thursday of each month. The next meeting is at the Mercado Juarez Restaurant at I-20 & Matlock in Arlington on January 13th at 7:30. Be there earlier if you plan to eat. Obviously this club will be receptive to Hybrid Z's!!

BTW - I didn't hear anything about the MSA meet being in Texas in '05 but I do know that the ZCCA National Convention will be hosted by Z Club of Texas and Cowtown Z Club in June of '06 in the DFW area. i've beeninvolved in some of the initial planning and so far it looks like it will be a blast - y'all come now!

FWIW - I'm from Arlington and have just become President of the Cowtown Z Club. Obviously this club will be receptive to Hybrid Z's!!

question... is a few members that are purists pissed about that??

lol

mike

Damn man, give me some tips!

How long will i be there, isnt it a year or so in a combat zone?

i dont know.

How were the MRE's when you were in? how long ago were you there

The best thing about basic were the freakin MREs i loved those little things

And the females too, fort jackson is now co-ed :)

i had 12 in my platoon

Mike,

Cowtown is a very friendly club. It's all about the car and our love for them. I've even had my car on display at a local Nissan dealer. It may not have a Nissan drivetrain but everyone identifies it as a Datsun and it really draws the crowd. One guy in the club is a real purist but even he admitted that mine was "ok" because of how clean the conversion is.

Bill

Well I just got out last January after 22 years in the Marine Corps. I could have taken First Sergeant to stay another two years but would have wound up right back over there again. Bottom line is they will keep you as long as they need you. "STOP LOSS" goes into effect when ever they want to keep you. Theres nothing you can do to stop it. However yearly rotations are in effect. That means you go home take leave and then become redeployable. I am assuming you are inthe Army so your chances may be less than mine were. We only have about 175,000 Marines and we are the first to fight. All Im saying is that you may be luckier than I was since the Army has a much higher number.

The Marine Corps is like a six man football team in a B school. Everybody can quarter back and recieve and everyone plays all sports just because we are so few.

Good Luck

What is your MOS? MRES are much better now than 10 years ago. I still like the old sea rats better.

CZ

My mos is a 21-romeo, which is "interior Electrician"

My dad owns an electrical bussiness in fort worth "texsun electric" and thats pretty much what i wanted to do, and i wanted to join the army, i combined both

For yalls info. I went to Jerry @ all z cars, and the z i had my heart set on, was rusted to shit.

SO! if anyone here has a rust free, runnin or not runnin, z-car, please lemmi know! (in tejas)