HybridZ

Can you share data fom MSnS to MSnS?

Chemicalblue

Question is what do you want to "save"?

If you have bare MS, and are converting, that's one thing, if you are even considering MS-N-S, just install it from the start, and leave the spark tables like Moby's post until you get around to it! Concentrate on fuel alone.

I have moved files and configurations from box to box using several laptops and a thumb (or pen) drive!

That is how I moved all my MS related stuff from my original Vaio Laptop with the Com Port Problem to the Dell I am using now (with a USB to Serial Converter!)

It's just files like Xander said. Once they are written, you can move them around.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS THIS: MS-N-S requires BOTH Megatune and MSS to tune the respective regions, Megatune for Fuel, MSS for the sprak table, so they are separate and distinct files. I am NOT SURE what the new MS-N-S "Extra" is configured like, and from reading the information, it allows tuning of both tables from the SAME "NEW" megatune program... This may make a combined programming file, and may make it difficult to separate them to go "backward".

Anyway, I entered my values into thetables manually from a Photograph of the screen shot I saved off Moby's sticker. So at worst, you will simply need to load them manually, wich only takes 2 minutes! Just dome't be like me: givethe files a DISTINCT file name when you save them so you know which ones were working and which ones didn't... DOH!

It looks to me like if you use megatune 331 then you can cahnge the settings in the ini file so it sets itself up for reagular MSnS(labeled as Magnus' MSnS in the ini file) or you can set it up for MSnS_Extra, or of course regular MS. At any rate once you set this up it will allow you to tune fuel and spark from one megatune. I did this with the extra code and there was also another file to copy into the cfg directory and now the megatune lets you do all the cool stuff from cooling fan control, traction control, nitrous control, fuel, spark, yada yada from the one megatune window. Very nice.

I am not sure if Magnus' MSnS requires an extra file in the cfg directory but it should be easy to find this info in the megatune forum. Magnus' MSnS is what the sticky is based on right now, but extra code will be in there shortly. I'm getting rid of my marginal summit fan controller that requires the probe in the upper radiator hose and just using the MSnS_Extra to run the relay. Get rid of some extra components and wiring.

Fan control is nice. Are there diffrent settings for on temp and off temp? How about boost timing retard, Im running a Hi6s crane unit now. I guess I could leave that hooked up the way it is. Will it get rid of the profectB too? I think Ill go with msns extra When I load up, just not looking foward to the down time. Well I guess If anyone has a good set up file that they would like to share let me know. Tnx all