HybridZ

Alternate Fuel Injectors

Bernardd

Does anyone know what types of vehicles came with alcohol compatible injectors? I believe they're known as dual fuel vehicles or something like that. Or what types of injectors are SS inside would be another option. I need water/alcohol compatible injectors. I'm making my water/meth injection system mappable if I can find the above items. If I can't find what I want it's back to controlling the pump rather than the injector. The aquamist High Speed Solenoid isn't an option.

Bernard

check withthe Ford do Brazil parts bin. They have 100% dedicated injectors.

Otherwise, M85 compatible fuel injectors might be compatible. Since you are using methanol, you will be stuck with using the SS parts. Ethanol is less ocrrosive than Methanol. Don't forget the pump is required to be compatible. (Once again, Ford seems to have a lot of this stuff in the parts inventory, but you will have to get chummy with a SoCal dealer who is up on it, since that seems to be where a majority of those vehicles are driving around...)

Many guys run oil mix in the Methanol to lubricate the fuel system components.

What kind of oil are they using? Reg two stroke oil? Klotz? I've seen some types for that purpose, but I'd like to hear what is working. It's only been a few days but so far the ford bosch injectors I'm testing haven't rusted or clogged with a 50/50 mix.

Bernard

The benifit of meth/water is just to help cool the charge. Unless you are solely running meth/h2O it doesn't really need to be mapable but I guess if you can. I run a 5gpm and 10gpm nozzle through 2 solinoids. Pump always has voltage if the key is on. The only way I can tell they come on is the through the "on" lights. It is smooth enough you can't tell. I also don't run lube as.

http://www.coolingmist.com I looked into Methanol compatable injectors

http://www.delphibrandguide.com/download/DPSS-03-E-041.pdf#search='delphi%20injectors'

Delphi sells several Methanol compatable injectors.I decided against going with the fuel injectors and using three fuel misters located radialy in the intake tract right after the intercooler.http://www.snowperformance.net/

sells a voltage /pressure controll that uses a MAP sensor to read boost controll pressure and supply a valiable amount of methanol depending on engine load/boost.I will be using this in addition to a NOS solenoid pulsing at lower boost levels to ensure a controllable mixture.

Thanks, guys. I've found a pile of meth and ethanol compatible type of injectors that are oem. Ford has the most M85 or E85 injectors out. It's going to be a pain to mount the injectors so I'll probably just go with mcmaster carr misting nozzles. I've already got a progressive controller for 30 bucks off of autospeed. I need to get a pump and install everything.

Question for Clifton: Did you change your tune at all after installing your setup? By that I mean lean it out or add timing? We only get 91 octane here so I'm forced to run 11 to 1 afrs with a fair amount of timing retard to avoid knock. If you did change it how much further were you able to go?

• 1 year later...

What happens if you use ethanol or E85 on standard injectors? Just for fun I'm thinking about throwing on some 480cc injectors and running E85.

From what I've read so far (not much), the drying effects of alcohol on rubber can be addressed with a top end lube. If the fuel is kept dry, steel lines shouldn't be a problem. Any other issues?