HybridZ

How can i tell what rearend is in my 240z?

jtmny1999

Any way I can tell if i have a r200 from a 300zx if its a r200 does it have any numbers imprinted on it that can tell me where its from. I know it peels out with both tires evently but when i put it on a jack and rotate one wheel it doesnt rotate the same way so i think its not a R200 from a 300zx turbo.

Any way i can tell what i go?

Thanks alot,

JT

Never a bad time to put on a new rear gasket and flush the fluid. drain gear oil, unbolt the diff. cover, grab a flash light, and see what numbers are stamped on hte ring gear. divide 1st number by second number. ie. 39:11 imprint yields 3.545:1 gearing. If you see a mechanical clutch like this, and numbers imprinted equal to 3.7, you have an LSD

lsd.sized.jpg

lsd pic for reference

When I had the typical single track differential in my Z for years, I always had equal length "patches" on a burn out. This is not uncommon for the Z to behave this way. So it is possible that your rear end has a common (non-LSD) differential. Putting the LSD in mine helped more in corners and curves than in a straight line.