HybridZ

Can we get some L28ET dyno graphs posted?

Guest ON3GO

okay, i know plenty of ppl on this forum prob has or had my setup on your Z's, and i thought it would be cool if we could post our dyno graphs up and mod list up to so each other what there cars did with those parts.

as soon as i get the microtech installed ill be dynoing the car again to see if what i did made that big of a change.

old setup at 10psi (with a boost leak) on a 280+K mile motor with a leaking headgasket made 210rwhp and 230lbs to the wheels (might be a hp or 2 off, cant find that sheet, just the 170rwhp and 203lbs ones on 5psi.)

new setup consists of a larger FMIC with 2.5inch piping (old was a starion with crappy 2in piping), 60mm t-body, N42 intake manifold thats ported and polished, ported and polished head, MSD igniton and blaster 2 coil, GReddy Profec B boost controller, 370cc injectors, fresh rebuild on motor with arp head studs.

everything else is pretty much the same.. same 3in exhaust and dowpipe, and all.. just with those above parts thats new and the microtech.

think 250+rwhp and 320lbs at the wheels is do-able with such a small and simple setup?

ill boost the T3 as high as she can go... ill have enough fuel and spark.... and ill have the microtech making sure everything is in check.

anyways just thought i would see what u guys think and if maybe that dyno sheet thread would be a good idea.

want to get this car in the 12's how it is now.

next for the car is springs and new tires.. then its a bigger turbo and LSD rear end.

mike

Guest bastaad525

I'm at work so don't have my sheet handy, but can say your numbers are definately reasonable.

Garret76zt made 275rwhp with what sounds like almost identical setup to yours (same injectors, TB, exhaust, stock turbo, I think same fuel pump) running 15psi. I made 233rwhp/303ftlbs of torque with less upgrades than you, with an RRFPR running stock injectors, 2.25" I/C piping thru a Trust I/C, 2.5" press bent exhaust, stock TB. I was running 14psi but boost it was falling off to about 11psi by 6000rpm.

One thing Garret told me, is that even with the 370cc injectors, the stock EFI at 15psi was running lean on the top end. He was actually considering using the same RRFPR as me to help with that.

By the way, I personally would like to have as many L28ET dyno sheets posted in one thread as a reference... if you get a lot of them hopefully this thread could be stickied.

i figure ill be in the 270rwhp range with the microtech tuned right.

i have all the mods to support and make well over 300rwhp but im not gonna push it.

chris near me today got the timing "better" and it really rips at only 7psi.

cant wait!

mike

Guest bastaad525

Okay all the buttons that used to set this up for you automatically are gone so... I'll see if I can get it right myself...

635763_25_full.jpg

233rwhp/303ft lbs.

All the details of my setup in my sig. Boost was falling off pretty bad and was at about 11psi by 6000rpm... with it holding steady 14 all the way up now I assume I'm getting closer to or even a little more than 240rwhp. Once I get rid of the crappy 2.5" crushbent exhaust, I expect no less than 250.

EDIT: Hey it worked!

Here is dyno graph I found of a 73 L28ET Z. It's not mine, mine is the link below it. When I dynoed, I asked the operator to only take it up to 5600 ish since I thought it was no use going to redline, I kinda wish I he had taken it 6500 though as my peak hp was at the cut off. I am curious see how my power band will look to 6500, I'm planning to redyno my Z sometime in the spring.

http://dynoperformance.com/search_details.php?ID=751

http://dynoperformance.com/search_details.php?ID=407

John 82ZXT

Guest bastaad525

Cygnus - I'd expect your power to carry on higher into the rpm with the bigger turbo. Also, my power band sux because of the crappy exhaust and because boost was falling off. If boost held steady I think peak torque would have carried another 500-1000rpm before falling off, and peak hp would have been closer to 5000rpm as well. I think part of why you MAY be feeling the need to shift so 'early' is because you're probably leaning out enough on the top end to start losing power.

The T3 part is what limits the power.

T3 turbine wheel not the housing IMO. I've seen .48 A/R with Ptrim and stage V make 400whp on pump and 500+ on C16.

Have to watch out now days. there are few so called stage III out there that are not true stage III. 11 blades on Garrett's 10 on Turbonetics.

Guest bastaad525

Cygnus - would have referenced the graph that Clifton posted earlier but it was only a red X for me last time I was here. Anyways, that's a perfect example of what I think your power curve SHOULD look like given that you have similiar turbo specs. Any proper T3/04 should not be falling off in power at such low RPM as the stock T3, if you're feeling power fall off there there is something else going on I think.

Yes, I agree that I am losing power too early. Most likely it's because I am either leaning out or the knock sensor is pulling back timing. It could also be that my intake is becoming restrictive at those speeds. My intake does have a pretty tight 90 in it as it enters the AFM. That is a nice torque curve, Clifton. I wonder if that N/A cam is what's letting you spin past 6000rpms...