HybridZ

RB26 pic update

RB26powered74zcar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
That is very nice. That car is gonna be no joke. What plans do you have for it? Drag race, track days, street brawler, show car?

joel

What turbos are those.. I know you ahve answered this somewhere but i couldbt find it.

It's a shame, but it will be my daily driver once again (I miss my daily driver Z..) and will only see the boot to the floor on a once in awhile occasion.

The last set up I had in it allowed me to use it as my driver, so I feel/ hope it can still be that.

I never even raced a single car on the street with the last stroker turbo motor I had in it. Its just going to be there, if ya know what I mean.... just lurking....:evil:

There is still a ton of work to go, on my part, once I get it back, before I can put it back on the road.

Its turned out to be a larger project than I thought is was going in.

(EDITED for spelling) :confused2

joel

What turbos are those.. I know you ahve answered this somewhere but i couldbt find it.

Stony, as Jamie said, they are the Garret BB GT25r which they call the 25/40 in some literatures I've seen.

All I know is they will flow more air than my motor can use at this point. And they should spool up to full boost fairly quick...

I will send all of it off next week to be ceramic coated. The exhaust manifolds and turbine housings will be coated black and the downpipes will be coated silver for contrast. It will also utilize the fancy inconel heat shields on the turbine housings. It isn't even my car and I get excited!

26_twin_turbos_-_side_view_9356.jpg

Holy huge downpipes Batman !! Are those terminating with 4.5" diameter ? So badass Joel and James.

Can't wait to hear the full RPM roar coming out of those pipes too !

James.......PM me with an estimate in 321 for the same arrangement right down to the same design but with terminating at 3" downs if you can ?

.........thanks,Vinny 8)

Stony' date=' as Jamie said, they are the Garret BB GT25r which they call the 25/40 in some literatures I've seen.

All I know is they will flow more air than my motor can use at this point. And they should spool up to full boost fairly quick...[/quote']

Joel If i remember right those are internal wastegated right?