HybridZ

RB26 pic update

RB26powered74zcar

Guest nolafool

very very nice .... btw thanks for the info on the car ...

also nobody needs a guy outta college with a year of welding under his belt 2 work for them huh? =)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing beats welding on your back!

trannymount1.jpg

trannymount2.jpg

This is a question, not a criticism:

Considering the steel tube lining the transmission tunnel to support the OEM transmission mounting tabs and gearbox position, so you think the floor pan panel thickness is ok strength wise to be a suitable base to weld the new tabs onto further down considering the weight of the skyline gearbox?

Something I definitely considered. However, I have seen plenty of folks take this approach to the problem and not have any signs of trouble. The tabs are not welded directly to the panel. I first welded a 4"x4"x1/8" plate to the tunnel and then had the tabs welded to the plate. BTW, the front side of the 4"x4" plate is up against the old tranny mount and welded to it.

tb1.jpg

Looking great James! Will Joel be able to run filters on the turbos?

As is...no. We have discussed cutting down the inlets to 3" and then I can run a line from the rear turbo up to the front. That decision will be his. The problem on this Z is the lack of room to get a 4" hose from the rear turbo up to the front. The space between the front header and the wheel well is ~3.9".

As is...no. We have discussed cutting down the inlets to 3" and then I can run a line from the rear turbo up to the front. That decision will be his. The problem on this Z is the lack of room to get a 4" hose from the rear turbo up to the front. The space between the front header and the wheel well is ~3.9".

Is there enough room to put two upswept 90 degrre elbows at the compressor inlet in order to allow to have a custom composite airbox that would fit against the hood skin that also draw cool air with a custom hood inlet/duct/scoop ?

It can all be fabbed either from Joel/James(Composites Engineer)/or me for that matter.

Question to James is.....can the 90* elbows get squeezed into place ?

...........Vinny 8)

Thanks for the compliments. The main setup is done and everything is now off to the coaters. Intercooler piping was just powder coated in black wrinkle. The intercooler tanks, intake manifold will also be done in black wrinkle. Turbine housings and header will be black ceramic coated and the downpipes will be ceramic coated silver.

engine1.jpg