HybridZ

Anyone else read the Internet Z Car Club (IZCC) email list?

Well I for one am very glad he is no longer on this site... Smells way to much of Zcar.com days and the Ron Stoy wars...

I didn't see my reply posted in the IZCC archives... Oh well, guess they chose not to let that one fly!

The jist of it was that based on his comments, we should all get rid of our aluminum intakes, water pumps, heads and anything else weight saving, and put all that additional weight, along with the original weight of the motor right over top of the front axis... Nice...

I also commented that his little "example of why his mount worked better" doesn't ring true... maybe he was a better driver that day. Maybe he is a better driver in general. The only way to end these debates is to take to EXACT cars with the two different mount types, and have someone like John Coffey drive them on a course.

I'm surprised that such and "expert" would make such stupid, ignorant comments like he has... But then again, he DID do soooooo many swaps... I'm just on number FIVE or SIX!

Mike

Mike,

If I remember correctly the car he was driving when he won those hill climbs had all those weight saving aluminum pieces and an engine with higher output than the guy he beat so even his own statements aren't true.

Also I think the thread that was refered to was about someone converting a Scarab car to a JTR setup. They were going to try and do some objective testing before and after. Am I correct? Do you know if the testing or conversion was ever completed?

Wheelman

I read the Kim Blough posts on z31.com and all I can say is that guy is a piece of work. Can you believe his arguments about a 4.3 chevy being a great choice for a hybridZ conversion "IF" you "ADD" additional weight to the front axle! Well I did ALOT of RESEARCH five years ago into saving weight and making big power with a V6 and guess what I learned? Unless you score a great deal on a GN3.8 or some other note worthy V6, dollar for dollar and pound for pound, nothing, let me repeat, NOTHING beats a SBC and yes now the SBF, if you want the most for the least amount spent, period!

Mark

For those that don't subscribe this is what I posted.

"Hey Pete,

Are you bringing your engineering marvel to the convention this year? Will it still have the 327 or will it have the 406? I think it would be fun to turn a few laps at The Glen. Your Blue 327 powered marvel and my grassroots slapped together Scarab positioned 327 chasing each other on a roadcourse. What do you think? It won't answer any questions but it sure will be fun!!

Joe "

I didn't want to get into the which one is better discussion as I felt there was no way to make Kim see it any other way than how he posted.

The reason for my car being in the Scarab position is simple. I did the swap 22 years ago and there was no JTR method. If there was I would have gone that route for no other reason than the shifter position. I had used a Super T-10 and relocated the external shifter so it would come up in the stock location. For anyone else the motion is weird but I'm used to it. I did think about moving the engine to the JTR position but haven't gotten around to it, too many other projects. Maybe someday. Any volunteers to get me motivated?

Joe

I just "Unsubscribed". After 48 hours of e-mail filling up my inbox, with lots of "Zcar.com" related dummery, I just decided there's no place like home, there's no place like home...

Rags, the beauty of this wonderful land we live in is this: The Scarab idea was a GREAT idea and STILL works. Is it the best? Depends who you ask, as the latest round of discussions shows. However, ANY V8 in a zcar is better than none at all... And I don't care HOW you mount it!

Maybe I'll see you at the Glen as well!

Mike

I just "Unsubscribed". After 48 hours of e-mail filling up my inbox, with lots of "Zcar.com" related dummery, I just decided there's no place like home, there's no place like home...

I can only take so many "My left headlight is dim" or "My turn signals don't work" or "What should I do to make my car fast?" threads before I want to see if it is actually possible to hang myself with my mouse cord... :)

No place like home is right!!! :wink:

Well I for one am very glad he is no longer on this site... Smells way to much of Zcar.com days and the Ron Stoy wars...

I didn't see my reply posted in the IZCC archives... Oh well' date=' guess they chose not to let that one fly![/quote']

Oh yes it did (z-car-digest V2004#1179). I'm not sure I made a wise decision to sign up for it after only 2 days of reading them I'm not a happy camper.

BTW after seeing this name twice today , who the HELL is Ron Stoy????

LARRY

I didn't want to get into the which one is better discussion as I felt there was no way to make Kim see it any other way than how he posted.

The reason for my car being in the Scarab position is simple. I did the swap 22 years ago and there was no JTR method.... I did think about moving the engine to the JTR position but haven't gotten around to it' date=' too many other projects. Maybe someday. Any volunteers to get me motivated?[/quote']

Good work, Joe, but I think his ego is getting in the way of seeing anything else except his way. Too bad. It's a lot like the Chevy vs Ford arguments...stupid really. Performance is performance. Don't change the Scarab if it's really done correctly. IF YOU START FROM SCRATCH, then it makes sense. Like Mike just said, "any V8 in a Z car is better then none at all!"

Davy