HybridZ

Check This Turbo Pic....Holy Potatoes!

slownrusty

It is a Australian Ford Falcon six - BA Model and that pic looks like one I've seen a few times on the net and in magazines. An Australian tuning Co called "NIZPRO" (yes they built their rep on 1000+hp RB26 motors) is the first to get 1000hp from the Austalian market 4l DOHC 24v I-6. That required a built motor of course, the mag article I read about that engine says $aus38,000.00 buys one...

Garden variety the cars are rated at 240kw - thats Kilowatts or approx 295 horsepower. A factory hotty BA series 2 "Typhoon" has just been released rated at 270 kw (362hp) @5250rpm and 550nm from 2000 to 4000 rpm thats with a Garrett roller bearing tubo pushing 0.69Bar - approx 10psi. The torque those ebgines produce is massive, more than the 290kw "boss" v8's also offered by Ford Australia.

There are various aftermarket tuners offering power ups - quite cost effective,

checkout http://www.nizpro.com.au/ for that engine and details of their kits, (like stage 1 315kw - 422hp for $3,000) but I note the video isn't functioning at this time [bandwith used up?]

Another co that offers tuning for the Ford turbo six is APS see: http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/

The cars weigh around 1700kg (approx 3740lbs) and with a 'stage 3' kit from either of the above mentioned sources does 1/4miles in 12 sec or better at 118mph - 330kw (442hp) at the wheels....

that involves better intercooler, aftermarket plenum, injectors +pump, blow off valve, big twin pipe exhaust and a dyno tune with an interceptor type computer ...cost AUS$9867 (APS)... XE.com says 1AUS$1 =.784872 USD

so thats $7,744.33 US$ or $29,825.13 + shipping for the 1000hp motor.

thanks for the heads up zeeboost, seeing as how when u tell sum1 not to do sumthin-it just makes it that much more tempting that they hafta look at it-btw i didn't click it, i didn't see the picture of the naked shemale

I don't know what you guys are talking about...I didn't see one of the most hideous things I've ever seen in my life...