HybridZ

Any Pittsburgh area hybrids?

JohnG

I'm a new member and live north of Pittsburgh. Just converted my beloved '71 240: 406 Chevy, 700R4, & R-200 diff. plus all new body work, trim, etc. Three questions: 1) Any other Z-hybrids in western PA? 2) Is coilover THE way to go on suspension upgrade? No racing...just a street cruiser. Advice, please. 3) How do I sell my old drivetrain (she wants it outta the garage!)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Add me to the list, I live in the north, Allison Park area. Planning the conversion of the 75 280 to the SBC. would love to talk/meet with you guys, especially you Pete when you come through to butler. I have looked at your site and would love to see the car in person. I used to work up at AGR in butler, so I know the area pretty well.

I just found out a few days ago that the reunion I was planning on going to in July is put off until next Summer. That should be enough time to finish my Z, no? :D Just kidding, it'll be on the road this Summer.

I think you guys should think about coming down to Mike Kelly's HybridZ Mid-Atlantic bash on 7 Sept, in Fredericksburg VA. According to Mapquest, it's about 310 miles from Butler to Fredericksburg.

Mike, I hope you can handle the crowd! :D I have at least three other guys coming down that are local and the number grows weekly. So far, it's Glenn McCoy, who you've met, another Glenn from HybridZ, and their friend Rob. Ken Maenner will probably be there, and I bet 240ZTT and his buds will be there too.

How many lifts in that garage you're building? :D

Maybe you should plan on some port-a-pots and some concession vendors too :D And don't forget the beer truck with taps! 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

....THE MID ATLANTIC ZF RACING Sponsored HYBRIDZ Get together will take place from 10AM Saturday September 7th until people leave... I'll provide the food, and drinks, and all you have to do is show up. For those of you who are on the fence, our area is steeped in history from the civil war, and you could easily make a weekend of it with the spouse. Fredericksburg and the surrounding areas provide plenty of shopping to keep the significant others at bey while you enjoy a day with the guys and the cars... I'll get Donna to play social director for those that need it... By the Way PETE PARASKA will be the guest speaker at the event and he will be detailing his 10+ year build up of his car in PAINFULL detail... malebitchslap.gif Jamie Taylor and I will be on hand for comic relief....

Mike 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I hear he's bringing a slide projector of the project, its a show entitled, "Relays are your friend." :D:D:D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Perry

I live near Pittsburgh airport. I have a half completed 77 280Z 350 conversion and restification. I've been anxiously awaiting this western PA get together, lets get this thing planned.

Perry

Hold on....we got two different events going on here. The 9/7/02 bash in Fredricksburg, Va, of course.

Then a separate event for western Pa hybrids, right? Who's putting that one together?

When and where?

JohnG, others, sorry I stole your thread and turned it into an East coast catch all get together thread.

If you PA/OH area guys do something, I'll try my best to get to that too!

BTW, I'll be moving this thread to the Non-Tech forum soon - look for it there.

Mike, touche' You got me on that one. I guess I asked for it. As for comedic relief, you won't need any if I have a few beers - you are going to have beer aren't you? :D Let me know how I can help with putting this thing together. I'll come down the night before to help out.

Slide projector? You have to be kidding! We'll have the real thing there! rolleyesg.gif And I'd be happy to field questions, but seems people know a bit about my build - I'm more interested in looking at the other cars there!

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by JohnG:

TJ,

Hey, come up and check it out. Pete's coming up in July, I believe.

What engine are you thinking of stuffing in that '75?

--JohnG

John

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by JohnG:

TJ,

Hey, come up and check it out. Pete's coming up in July, I believe.

What engine are you thinking of stuffing in that '75?

--JohnG

John,

I have been lurking around grumpyvette and the others in the forum, and I am budgeting for a 383 with about 500 hp, streetable. Grumpy has laid out a pretty good blueprint for that. My buddy has an old pantera hes putting a worked 351 in at about 500 hp, so i need to keep up with him. I figure my lower weight will give me the edge (2800 vs 3200 approx).

Lets get the western pa meet set up, it should be fun. Any of you guys bringing your cars to the Pittsburgh Vintage car show july 20st? For 10 bucks you can park on the golf course on Saturday and watch practice and view the other cars, its a great time.

Tom