HybridZ

Clutch prices

akeizm

Hi all,

I'm going to need a new clutch for my turbo setup in my Datsun 260z 2+2 with a T5 transmission. I need to get a clutch that will be able to handle 300rwhp+, so what prices am I going to be looking at. Also what clutches could you recommend.

I have no clue when it comes to clutch prices so I need to know how much to put aside.

Thanks, Marc.

I was just looking at stock replacement clutches, and it seams they're around $200-250. (I know, you'd burn a stocker out pretty quick) I would think a decent aftermarket clutch, that would be stronger, will probly run you $500 or so.. Perhaps more.. I built a 4x4 Jeep J10 a few years back, and went with a centerforce II clutch. 360 V8, close to the same power levels your talking about, probly less horse but more torque. Ran 35" tires too.. (Built it for offroadin' and spent a lot of time in 4 low through mud and bush trails)

I ran a centerforce DF setup in my L6 and it was fine. My motor turned about 247Hp at the crank and the car was running low 13s and I never dealt with clutch slippage... I've since used the same setup in a T56 equipped 383 stroker, and will use it with the same motor and a Custom T5 pushing over 500Crank HP!

Mike

I think my Act kit (240mm, HD presure Plate, Street Disk) costs about $350 and it's held up great for about 50 strip runs and a bunch of hard street driving. I'm able to pull 12's, chirping into 4th with street tires or launching hard with the DR's so, i've got to give it to Act for that. What i didn't like from the beginning was the majorly increased pedal pressure, but then again, i'm sure thats why it grabs as well as it does. And oh yeah, the wife says that there's no way she can drive it now. DARN :)

The clutch place at Albion, dammed if I can think of their name, have a range of options for Nissan clutches. Importantly they won't try and sell you a big dollar item that you don't need.

Mine is from them, basically has an uprated diaphragm to give more clamping force with an Exedy plate. Recommended.