HybridZ

Good lookin' hybridZ on ebay

preith

Guest boosted

Body and paint are GREAT! could use to touch up the underside a little . Love that color.

ALSO really like those side markers alot. Slick! I may have to copy that

He did the same freek'in thing I am going to do with the hood latch!!! I thought, why not put it off center instead of going through all the trouble that JTR suggests? Just to have a rotor cap that is hard as heck to get at?

:D I did that years ago : http://alteredz.com/image/recentpics/1999July18/hoodlatchdistribv.jpg

I learned it from Henry Costanzo of the GA Z club.

That car is beautiful. Then there are things I just don't understand, like speakers pointing up so dirt can collect on the cones, the cheesy cooling fan that uses those through-the-core fasteners, that are a no-no on AL radiators, the ratty looking exhaust, with no h-pipe.

That front suspension is interesting.

Guest JAMIE T

That car is all exterior...

The under body is in no way "Show Car".

The outside looks too nice to be a driver, yet under carriage appears to have been driven alot.

I'd still own it.

The side markers look like the small oval ones on the rear fenders of the newer Ford trucks with dual wheel setup. I've been eyeballing these for a long time, but haven't found any for sale yet. The front grill on that car is friggin sweet! I really like how well he blended everything together. Looks like he might be running solid rear axle or some other type of IRS setup than stock, pretty large tubs in the back, running 11" rear wheels without flares. I really dig the overall look of the car, but wouldn't pay over $10,000 for it. Lots of really great bodywork over a pretty tame conversion.

Mike

The more I look at it, the more stuff I see that I don't really like. Check out the exposed flex plate and tourque converter, I could picture that ingesting all kinds of crap from the road. The front suspension looks like a hybrid of stock Z and mustang II parts, it might work very well, then again it might not. I think I'd be willing to place more trust in the original design. The hood latch mounting on the glass hood looks kind of precarious. You can see the reinforced area where it is originally supposed to be mounted at, yet it is mounted off to one side, and not entirely backed by fiberglass. Several pictures show items that look like they were removed when the car was painted, and then put back on without even brushing the rust off of them, like the alignment pads for the rear hatch. Having said that though, I still consider this to be one of the cleanest looking Z's ever, a definite cantidate for new desktop background on my computer. I think they could have spent a little more time on details. Then again, not everybody has the luxury of spending 4+ years on their hybrid like I have. :) I guess I shouldn't talk crap until I can at least get mine off the jackstands.....

Mike