HybridZ

Turbo LS1-powered "5.0" Mustang!

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I think its funny that the F-body guys get all pissed off that a Stang has an LS1 in it! If they only knew what we were doing with the LS1's!:twisted:

And I dont care what anyone says putting a carb on an LS1 is DUMB! :twak: Why bother with an LS1 when its cheaper to build a GEN1 SBC with a carb?

Guy

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Carb or not, it's turboed and is probably at least 600hp. I don't see what the big deal about FI vs carb is anyway... it's the power that matters. Not everyone needs cutting edge technology under their hood.

ya uh chevy sucks. why not just slap a turbo on a 302 someone was claiming 580 hp by 550 lbft from a 10 psi boost single turbo they were selling the setup on ebay. Went for about $400-500 why waist by adding useless weight and not getting a good gain. I think you would also muck up the handeling considering that fox's were so light compared to other stangs it would make sense to use that great advantage for acceleration+precise handeling

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

yeah you're absolutely right that all-aluminum LS1 is a heavy joker also it makes MUCH more sense to use a 4.9L engine with 70's technology instead of a 5.7L engine with 90's technology and Mustangs handle so sweet that it's a shame to install a big heavy V8 I think they should have put in a 4 cylinder maybe a sr20det or a b18 that would be at least 500 hp from what i heard on the internet and stuff

CHEVY SUX!!1!1one1one

Im not debating Carb Vs EFI, I saying its stupid to turn a EFI motor like the LS1 into acarb'd motor. I think it defeats the purpose of using the LS1's. I guess using the all alluminum LS1 block and heads would be benifical over an older SBC with a carb but for how much money that is stuck in that car, they could have bought an alluminum block and heads and done the same thing with ford stuff. I think they did this mostly to piss of the F-body guys, which is fine by me! I just laugh when guys get pissed off about stuff like that cause us Hybrid guys do it all the time("swap motors into cars they dont belong in")

Guy

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I think the only thing "showcar-y" about the whole car is the fact that someone PUT A TURBOCHARGED LS1 IN A "5.0". Aside from that it looks like 5 out of the 10 Mustangs that I see on any trip to the grocery store.

LOL

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
Im not debating Carb Vs EFI, I saying its stupid to turn a EFI motor like the LS1 into acarb'd motor. I think it defeats the purpose of using the LS1's...

I understand your point. However, I think they chose the LS1 for a few reasons, most likely shock factor and the head technology, with convenience being a strong possibility. Who knows... maybe they had an LS1 laying in the shed from a wrecked T/A? I don't see a problem with using a carb. Personally, I've only owned a few FI cars, and I've always preferred carbs for performance engines due to cost, parts availability, and ease of repair/tuning.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Some people might say the same thing about Datsuns.

It takes all kinds, and the world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same cars.

Chevys suck??? Jesus....

As for the LS1 being SOOOOOO heavy... Do some research before you spout facts you can't confirm. The LS1 is between 80-90 pounds lighter (Depending on where you read it) than a traditional SBC... I'd like to see some weights on the new 4.6 ford modular motor. I'm guessing it is about the weight of an LS1...

As for carbs vs. FI... Magnum, you'll eventually come around to our way of thinking on this one... I used to vehemantly defend my 383 stroked Datsun and its BG Demon carb... I used to bragg about how finicky it was to tune and how much power it made of FI "When it was right"... Problem was It had to be tuned by the weather... Not very reliable when you just want to DRIVE the CAR. Current technology efi is dirt cheap to buy, easy to keep tuned, and dead nuts reliable... When you get here, we'll have a beer waiting for you... Until then, your just jets and power valves! Have fun!

Mike

Ha Ha I love this...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by IROCSS

Aren't the SBF more than capable of smoking an LS1?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, but the money required to put an LS1 into a foxbody and look that pretty could of been used to build a 302 that could smoke most cars.

I forgot what the typical price range... But I think those 302 only need like 400-500 of bolt ons to hit high 10's

Now thats funny!!!

CorZette

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
Chevys suck??? Jesus....

As for the LS1 being SOOOOOO heavy... Do some research before you spout facts you can't confirm.

My entire post where I said "chey sucks" and "LS1's are heavy" was making fun of "rudypoochris".

I don't mind changing carb jets for the seasons. I've been riding motorcycles for 15 years and changing jets is a fact of life for me. I don't think FI is the devil or anything... I just prefer carbs.

Magun, I wasn't dinging you on the "Chevys suck" thing or the weight issue.

The carbs, well that is where we part company... I've been riding scooters for 15 years longer than you, so I know a thing or three about them as well... You'll come around... It'll just take a while.

Mike

Chevys suck??? Jesus....

As for the LS1 being SOOOOOO heavy... Do some research before you spout facts you can't confirm. The LS1 is between 80-90 pounds lighter (Depending on where you read it) than a traditional SBC... I'd like to see some weights on the new 4.6 ford modular motor. I'm guessing it is about the weight of an LS1...

I'm going to go with much heavier than a SBC or SBF, and a bit lighter than BBC. Depends if it has the 4-valve heads or the 2-valves. Those things are huge.