HybridZ

Coldheat Soldering Tool

Bartman, are you spending too much time in front of the tube? Isn't this unit designed for people who haven't figured out how to use a regular soldering gun without burning themselves? Interesting at best, however.

Bartman, are you spending too much time in front of the tube? Isn't this unit designed for people who haven't figured out how to use a regular soldering gun without burning themselves? Interesting at best, however.

You could be right:redface: . I currently don't have a soldering gun, and I remembered seeing a commercial for this thing. Should I just get a regular soldering gun?

yeah i got one of the cold heat guns as a promotional thing at home depot. It does work as described and its very kool not to wait for the iron to heat up. But the tip(of the gun) is very sensitive and I broke mine on the third use, and have yet to find a replacement. But if you have small electrical circuits to solder then this is a good tool.

No no no...buy a cold solder gun, then you can tell us all how well they work :D:icon52:

Okay, okay, I sense a little sarcasm there :) .

Harbor Freight carries the cold heat soldering iron, and it specifically states about it being light-duty or occassional automotive; so I think I'll get their industrial soldering gun (costs less too).

Now about that pocket fisherman...:lmao:

Yeah, I need something a little more effecient as well. The one I've got is fine during the winter (firing up the furnace to get my large soldering iron hot on top of the open flame), but this is just too much trouble during the summer, what with all the heat and all :ugg: . I suppose I could find me an electric one, along with the DVD player I've yet to buy (dang VCR is about shot, and my soldering iron melted the plastic casing when I was trying to fix it) :bonk: .

Guest Cronic

They suck. Plain and simple. I was trying to solder a simple wire and it took over 10 mins to do it. With a regular iron, it took me under a minuite. This thing plain out does NOT do the job.