HybridZ

under 300 for big intercooler on ebay!!!!

stony

Looks like many of the other ones on ebay that go for ~250, same text atleast in the ad

"All of our intercooler has been tested to withstand more then 80psi pressure."

I've been looking at these units for some time, bar and plate, low psi drop, just how well do they cool?

I think I will pick one up with a ic piping kit from e-bay and stick it all together, let us know how it does Stoney :)

Where did you get yours at Sparks280zt? E-bay?

I actually got mine from a local shop here in town, but he sells them on eBay also. They are all the same thing, they come from asia and they are made from diesel truck cores that have ends tanks welded to them. Several people here in town have made over 400 hp with them.

I wouldnt, some people have success with those though, It all depends on what you want, if you want that polished aluminum pipe then i guess so. I am going with just normal steel and I am having it power coated. There is a great seller on ebay, do a search on his seller name UBendMan, he can hook you up with mandrel bends that you will need in any size. The rest of the pipe you can probally just buy at a hardware or auto parts store in town. I got all my bends and pipe for like $50 total. And like I was saying all those intercoolers on ebay that are cheap and arent name brand are all the same, so whatever is cheapest i would go with. Some sellers on there mark them up real high

Bar and plate design,

IF You ask me the only reason intercoolers are expensive is because HKS, Gready, garret or spearco puts there stamp in them. they all get there cores from the same place and weld end tanks on them for the applicable kit. This intercooler should be good for 800hp range just as the add says. if he wanted the standard 700-1000 for an intercooler this size i would have passed but 265 is a deal.

got any pics of the install? I figure the inlet and outlet will have to be cut down a little and then weld 90 degree bends to match it with the holes in teh core support from my old intercooler. may just need 90 degree bend and grommets.

Guest JAMIE T

I have the same one too. I don't have hood hinges or the typical core support. I've test fitted it and has lots of room in MY application.

got any pics of the install? I figure the inlet and outlet will have to be cut down a little and then weld 90 degree bends to match it with the holes in teh core support from my old intercooler. may just need 90 degree bend and grommets.

I managed to get mine to fit by cutting down the silicone elbows. I have about 1/16" clearance from the hood hinges but had to cut the core support quite a bit. My freind cut the in/outs off and welded new 90* to it so it would fit through the stock vent holes. His looks alot nicer.

If my page gets too much traffic as it will if I post the pics they temorarily close it, so it's easier to link it and hope it gets less traffic. I have 3 pics of mine and 2 of his here. http://www.geocities.com/clifton_ragland/73.html

i bought 1 of those ic's too but havent got the car ready for it yet.a little hand polishing with mother's and they look real good.i will probably weld some 3" 90's on the ends centered with the vent holes in the core support.much better than spending $800 or so with spearco.no worries about being big enough.that thing would probably work with a turbo v8.i bought an assembled megasquirt wiith all options for $430.a set of 8 42 lb injectors for $280.my car should be running good soon.

Wow so many people with the same i/c ! :)

Since its 3" in/out, my turbo is 3" in and 2.5" out I was looking at sticking the intake and i/c inlet 2 x 3" then comming back the other side with 1 3"

My question I guess is attaching to the turbo compressor outlet, being at 2.5" I guess my only option is to route a 45 or 90 degree 2.5" to 3", or go from the curve to a 2.5 -> 3" piece, any suggestions on this?

Cant wait to get my new i/c! Already have my new t04e but it sucks and the ebayer wont take it back! Says after I clock it there is no return (tho it has 1 year warrenty and is defective (imho), I am sooo ready to hook the car back up!! I tore the whole engine down in the car, degreesed the filthy underside and framerails and am ready to start cutting and welding! WOO hehe.

Woo got mine today, this thing is HUGE!!!! Even cutting the in/outlets out and welding 90's to it will still make it tight in a 83 zxt!! 4" wide looks very sick, no pictures yet (since it looks like above) but boy when I get it in there its going to look sick, very tight fit, only about 6" or so of a gap (12" tall) so its going to fit very nice.

Those look almost identical besides the end tanks! What skyline did that come off of?

Heres mine in the car, did a bit of chopping and cutting (removed the radiator verticals, replacing with 1.25 square tubing all the way around, new alumn radiator going in next week).

I was forced to run the pipes into the headlight bucket area, didnt want to do it but having it sit so low there was no other option.

I also cut the bumper supports about 1/4" or so away from the "piston", if I cut the side holes (for the pipes) bigger I can adjust it about 2-3" on the top side, in/out making it more at a angle, dont see it making a diffrence but could be cool.

This thing fits snug, the 24" core is a perfect fit for the stock radiator support cutout, with the stock radiator everythings 24" fitting very nice.

Cant wait to see how this is going to mount up, I was thinking about a "double bolt" on for the bottom 2, basically take a exahust type stud and weld a bolt to the middle then join the i/c to the crossmember, either that or use my radiator brackets, not much room so well see how it goes, I also want it super low.

Heres some pics, its got the box cutout around it to protect the fins (should have done that first), they can get banged up easily, mine looks good.

Oh yea, this thing needs to be re-polished, sorta looks half-assed if you ask me (didnt expect more for $300).

DSCF0017_001.sized.jpg

DSCF0024.sized.jpg

No comments on my hole cutting please :) Its all going to be welded up super strong hehe..

More photos at:

http://gamecp.com/photos/Wills-car?page=3 - my zxt and caprice, pictures are all mixed up.

zxgtr, do a seller search on eBay for "UBendMan" he will make whatever you want in mandrels and is cheaper than any magazine. I have used him alot and so has my fathers company, no probs.

Almost forgot..

I contaced ubendman, got all the pipes (I think) I need for $210 shipped, found another place to get 4 ply silicone couplers for $120 (for everything) so looking at $330 for (hopefully) all the i/c pipe and couplers, I think its worth it, I really dislike seeing the coupler connecting the straight pipe on the intake side to the curve that goes to the radiator support (if you know what I mean), 1 solid pipe from the ic coupler to the intake coupler is sick :)