HybridZ

racing songs

Guest ProfessorRog

Judas Priest Breakin the Law, Hell Bent for Leather, Freewheel Burnin.

Beach Boys, "she's so fine, my 409"? and "you don't know what I got"? forgot the titles but know the track numbers.

Offspring, definitely Bad Habit rockon.gif Also, Killboy Powerhead and Gotta Get Away.

Anyone care to share? I'd definitely like to hear some of these other songs. I hope someone keeps this post alive til Monday, or email me!

Owen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KraZ4spd

Metallica - Fuel.

Give me fuel, Give me fire, Give me that which I desire.

Primus - Jerry was a Race Car Driver.

David Lee Roth - She my Machine.

Methods of Mayhem - Going to Fast.

Saliva - Doperide.

Guest Anonymous

Now that I put some thought into it...

Anything by Slayer

Anything by Megadeth

Deep Purple - Highway Star

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Nile - Barra Edinazzu

Depending on your mood, I think King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man would also be pretty good.

Hey, what has 7 arms and sucks?

def leppard :D I'm not even going to bother with drowning pool's lead singer... he was found face on the floor in a pool of vomit - that's 2 bad puns I can make.

I'd also like to add the following:

Offspring - bad habit, great anti traffic song smile.gif , heck about 75% of old school offspring songs.

Beastie Boys - In sound from the way out album. it's basically 70s disco style remixes, great for that 'pimpin' feeling. Best achieved when my friend and I are driving in his police packaged 1972 plymouth fury III :D

old school metallica songs:

-battery

-master of puppets

-orion

-one

-the four horsemen

-hit the lights

-metal militia

-the frayed ends of sanity

-shortest straw

-blackened

-creeping death

AC/DC:

-hell's bells

-highway to hell

-shoot to thrill

-jingle hell's bells

-thunder struck

Jackyl - Down on Me

Iron Maiden - Fear of hte Dark and Weekend Warrior

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone and Radar Love

Andrew WK - Party Hard (don't ask!)

Five Iron Frenzy - Phantom Mullet

Steppenwolf - magic carpet ride

Megadeth:

-Skin o'my Teeth

-high speed dirt

-captive honor

-angry again

-anarchy in the USA (sex pistols cover)

Rancid:

-bloodclot

-if the kids are united

-time bomb

-salvation

-i wanna riot

I'll probably add more later smile.gif

Turbo Lover by Judas Priest

"You Got Another Thing Comin" by Judas Priest

Highway to hell BY AC/DC

Heavy Metal By Sammy Haggar

Mas Tequela By Sammy Haggar

Who Made Who By AC/DC

Running with the devil by Van Halen

Got you by the Balls By AC/DC

Intimidating music.. but then.. all they hear is my turbo, and all they see is my tailights!!

HEhehehe

Guest Anonymous

White Zombie's first two CDs kick ass for driving (La Sexorcisto and Astrocreep 2000). Not a big fan of Rob Zombie's solo work, though.

If I'm trying to drive peacefully or just cruise (not very often) I really like Sigur Ros. Makes me wish my stereo was better though. Also Aphex Twin is cool for both racing and cruising, depending on the song.

Pantera and Down are cool too.

And remember, just say NO to hair! ;)

I'm a huge Rush fan, any of their stuff will do. Neil Peart makes even their mellow songs sound like dynamite.

Zep's Dazed and Confused has such a slow-to-fast buildup of energy, that song gets me pumped.

Anything by the Clash, especially from Sandanista.

As for newer stuff, 311's new album has some pretty rockin' tracks, Wake Your Mind Up comes to mind.

Another new band catchin alot of play in my car is the Vines. These guys are the first legitimate heir's to Nirvana's brand of rock evolution. Think Nirvana meets the Who, then download "Gotta get outta the way" and "Get Free".

Oh, and the Strokes are pretty cool, but you gotta appreciate a low-fi/analog type of recording style. It sounds good, but its purposely devolved.

Rage Against the Machine have been a staple for years now, and are still the only Rap/Rock band I really dig.

So many songs .........

I figure that I can't pick a song 'til the car is finished, gotta see how it handles and pick the song that matches

I will second Steppen Wolf - Magic Carpet Ride

and add Jimmy Hendrix - All Along The Watch Tower

- VRJoe

Thank you again, gentlemen for widening my musical spectrum. I'm listening to the jukebox on www.thevines.com right now and liking it.

Jimi Hendrix. Yeah, anything from him. If the guy had only lived longer - I can't imagine what else we'd be listening to now. Try to imagine what the 70s and 80s would have been if he'd stayed with us. I can only imagine a TOTALLY different music scene - one I can really enjoy imagining. To say he's my guitar hero is putting it lightly. I totally agree with "All along the watch tower". Damn, I need to get tunes in the Z!

Sorry to ramble. Great thread!

Originally posted by pparaska:

If the guy had only lived longer - I can't imagine what else we'd be listening to now.

I dunno, Pete... We'd probably be listening to country - he would've turned to being a sellout like metallica! smile.gif and sue napster!

Rakim - Follow The Leader

I Ain't No Joke

Anything on DJ Qbert's Wave Twisters

Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun

James Brown - Super Bad

Outcast - BOB

Anything else uptempo

If you can't find the right CD just rev the hell out of that V8 and make them $#!% in their pants :D

Jay -Z : BIG PIMPIN , aint no n'''a,

HOt BoyZ- No 1 Stunner, I stay fly, back that azz

up

E40 and the click- carlos rossi, scandalous, sluracane ethyl, automatic systematic, grindin, and just about anything from my forty fonzarelli.

Nelly- No1.

Gino Augustino- "Import Racing Anthem"

James Brown - Payback

to me it doesnt have to be uptempo, they just have to be sayin the right thing, when i line up on fellow rice rockets i often change over to the trance music to get in the right mood.

I gotta say I got two favorites for driving music..

1.)Lenny Kravitz- Are you gonna go my way (the original driving expeditiously song)

2.)Ministry- Jesus built my hotrod

and just to throw in a honorable mention cuz it goes with my new hybridZ video so well (almost done guys!)

3.)Pantera- Cowboys from Hell

Bill

" Jesus built my car. It's a love affair, mostly Jesus, and my hotrod."