HybridZ

you guys pick..

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Hey everybody, hope you all had a great easter.

i wasnt around, had my parents comes on over to Houston from Florida.. it was great seeing them.

anyways my dad asked me what i was gonna do once the Z's were sorta done and you know thats a stupid question to ask me lol.

i always say im gonna build another Z after these 2 but i desided to stop at 2 main project Z's for now.

so you guys pick.

1968-69 style Vette with a hybrid swap of some sort.. like a 2JZGTE or KA24DE-T.

old spitfire or TR6 or healey with some type of 4cyl turbo motor.

datsun 1800-2000 fairlady roadster with a SR or CA18DET, maybe a F20C (S2000 motor).

or a old 80's something Porsche 911 with the turbo widebody look.. either keep this with a porsche motor or a LS1.

this whole idea is about a year away from now as i gotta get a few things done.

blue Z is pretty much done as soon as i get it back together from paint.

green Z will never ever be done.

and the few project cars im helping with at work are getting done ASAP.

including a old E30 BMW with a KA24DE-T setup... should be fun!

so what would you guys pick out of those above projects?

im making okay money now but at the end of feb next year ill be maken plenty more so it will allow me to start another project that ill never finish lol.

atleast im deticated (sp?) right!

mike

Do that Spitfire.... I always regretted getting rid of mine. It was a lot of fun.... and you were very much in contact with the road... but it lacked power. A KA or SR20 would be perfect in that car.... but it would need some suspension and chassis upgrades for certain.

I had a GT6 mk III, same suspension as a spitfire but with a 6 cyl instead of a 4. I had more close calls in that car thanks to the BS transverse spring rear suspension. Plan on lots of work getting that thing to safely handle a hybrid engine.

911/914 with a small block. I have a soft spot for the triumph's. First car was a herald. A sedan version of the spitfire if you like. Rolled it. Wouldnt mind another. Mabye with a big four like the toyata 3rz taanji's keen on.

Douglas

I've been wanting to build some old muscle car/antique car with an import motor such as the rb or 2jz just to piss of the old domestic guys. LOL.

JT

did you see the pictures of the 60's mustang with a RB25 in it? they were posted here not to long ago.

Spitfires are cool, but having been a mechanic for several road and race spits I cant say that I like them to much anymore. A guy at our shop had one with a 13B it....would surprise the crap out of some high$$ machinery.

911s are super cool and I would love to have one...but it would have to remain porsche motivated.

I would do a bug eye sprite, Datsun roadster, TR4, or austin healey MKIII, maybe a mini cooper? I'm still going to build a hybrid Honda N600 someday...I actually still have the shell and some parts...you can buy it for 50$ A fiat 600 would be super cool as well with a transversly mounted rotary? That would FLY! I would also love to have an old bug decked out in 60s gears, two-tone...but with turbo Porsche drivetrain. Maybe a early first gen GTi with a 1.8t?

anywho...could go on forever!

TR6 with the supercharged ford V6 and a 5sp.

I know the basements and garages where all the parts are but I don't want to get into another project.

You can stop building cars but the calculations still go on in your head.

I saw in sum magazine a while back, where they put a Caddillac Northstar engine from a Caddillac Seville into a VW Golf-300HP....that would b a nice hybrid idea.

How bout sumthin like this.....but with a SBC instead of a ford!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4539190643&category=6188