HybridZ

Drove a Ferrari 550 Marrenllo today..

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

wow!

by far the nicest car i ever drove..

as soon as i started it up i got chills.. not because of the sound (sad part is my Z's and my dads Z06) sounds nicer at idle, the 550 isnt very loud), but because i was in a car i prob can never afford to own.

so i push the shifter down and slide it into reverse... back up and then pop it in 1st gear and off i go.

At 1st i didnt want to punch it as its not my car, but i gave it some gas and it took off pretty damn good.. shifted into 2nd... CLICK... god i love that gated shifter! Gave it more gas and CLICK... 3rd gear.

still on the gas i think wow its quick, then i look at the tach.. ONLY 4000 RPMS!

i have 4000 more to go!

drop the sucker into 2nd and nail it.. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

HOLY HELL now thats fun!

started taking some turns and at 1st i felt like the car couldnt handle well.. it just felt SO heavy.. even felt heavy when i was just driving straight.

also the car felt sooo tight and yet smooth.

so when i was about to take a turn that i should go 30mph i thought to myself.. "im in a ferrari".. so gave it some gas and got up to about 75mph and this car just hugged the road!

wow what a amazing car!

must say out of all the cars i ever driven: Z06's, modded C5's, older ferrari's, porsches of all kinds and so much more.. this 550 was my fav.

it was comfy, fast, handles amazing, brakes great, and my lord is it sexy!!!

ill get some pics for you guys tomorrow when im at work, along with my uncles older Ferrari.

mike

Guest ON3GO

you have no idea!

when my boss said "okay ill you drive it" i almost freaked!

i mean ive driven faster cars, and a stock Z06 is faster then this car but its no ferrari!

i still have the chills.

mike

Guest JAMIE T

I love driving V12 Ferrari's. By far one of the most exhilerating feelings I've gotten. The power is so severe and it never lets up. Plus, they sound freakin' amazing at full song. I do fab work for a shop here in town that works on European sports cars.

you have no idea!

when my boss said "okay ill you drive it" i almost freaked!

i mean ive driven faster cars' date=' and a stock Z06 is faster then this car but its no ferrari!

i still have the chills.

mike[/quote']

You never forget your first rip in a Ferrari. I was 18 the first time I nailed the gas in one......so sweet the sound of that higher than normal pitch, a 308 GTS. Then at 20, The car was owned by the guy who had originally written the Anheiser Busch jingle......a red Daytona Spyder,the next rip was in a 512 Berlinetta Boxer in blk/tan with mods........now thats a mans beast most certainly.

I'm sure you're first "fire-up" was great, the sound of those multiple fuel pumps feeding up is so cool too ! Made me feel more serious about what was too happen next.

Obviously your Loving your new job.......BTW,I need your shipping address you spoiled punk !

.............Vinny 8)

As a valet driver at upscale steakhouse i have gotten my fair share of exotic cars and so far i belive they include: 360 spyder, 575 moranello sp (about five times), bentley continental gt (holly s##t that thing was bad as##), new bentley avalante or some crap like that (same car several times), hand full of 911 tt, but cream of the crop happend saturday night when one of my biggest vip's rolled in 2006 Murceilago sp Rodster (only 8 in USA) ohhh yeah and it had whopping 125 milles on it and most of them were put on testing grounds in Itally. My buddy Garrett76zt stoped by that night and he saw me driving that bad boy now talk about adreline rush there is nothing like firing that v-12 with driver door pointing up :). I am pretty sure that there are few more that i just plain forgot about but this summer i am going to work at crazy bussy restaurant in one of the richest parts of Chicago and there is nothing in there but very very young rich kids so there will be plenty of exotics lol.

Ivan

Ah yes I remember my first Ferrari Kill... oh wait..you guys are talking about driving one? Hell no. I've seen tons, but never have even sat in one.

The only thing nicer than the sound of that 308@130+ mph was the look on the drivers face as I passed him. I'll NEVER forget that day...

Guest ON3GO

hehe ill buy myself a old old old ferrari when i get older.. i can wait on that!

also i brought my uncles Mondel (sp?) ferrari into the shop today and drove that around today.

wow that was fun.. only bad part was i lost to a FD RX7 with alot of bolt ons.. :(.. it was a quick RX7 thats for sure!

but the shifter on this ferrari was werid! 1st is where 2nd is on our cars, 2nd where ours is 3rd and etc etc.. werid! but oh so fun..

im uploading some pics of the Ferraris right now for you guys.

mike

That gated shifter plate that you liked, and later showed in the pic, is EXACTLY what I started a thread about a couple of months back. I was trying to get input on how to make one. I have always loved that look...and, I think that it might be helpful with the close-gated T56......

Great story, I'm 'green'.

Probably the highest performance car (or rarest) that I have had the pleasure to ride in (not drive) was a REAL Shelby GT350R. I drove a race version Japanese spec Fairlady Z a few times (OE ZG nose, big flares, triple carbs ...it was fun. I expect that my hybrid, when it is done, will make it seem pretty crappy in retrospect though...it was/is thirty year old design technology.