HybridZ

I couldn't pass it up but Not a "Z"

Guest Drive-ability

Guest Drive-ability

So I was planning out my "Z" project and stumbled on to a 1970 V8-914. I have seen them around and some are real nice, but most use the fragile stock-ish 901 transaxle. This car is not finished and has never run via conversion, I spoke with the owner of Renegade Hybrid as he handled all the parts for it. He said this car is much like his. The best of the best, custom 930 transmission (8K)converted to work in the setup. All 911 brakes and suspension Koni shocks,along with the Renegade cooling system. The engine is a 350 built to 400 plus hp, It has Edelbrock aluminum heads and the list just keeps going on. Edelbrock port fuel injection etc. So I just had to..........

John

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=8609HEELK&i=49464

I doubt you'll be sorry if you bought it. I was planning a 914 V8 swap, but after working out the numbers, my dirtball budget could only afford me a DIY 240Z V8 swap. It just works better for me. However, if you have the money for that car, it would be a VERY good thing for you to buy it :mrgreen: IMO of course!!

Send us pics...

Davy

when I was younger I worked at a car lot that sold muscle cars, vettes and high end euro cars. At some point a sbc v-8 914 made it's way onto the lot.

The car was a beater, and for some reason it would eat clutches (the lot wrench put in two over that summer), but it is/was the fastest street car I've ever driven. I'm not talking measured speed, just seat of the pants feeling. Being 4-6 inches off the ground likely had a lot to do with that feeling.

We would use that car daily to make the lunch run, or pick up lot employees. I beat the piss out of that ride. Hell, working there I got to beat the piss out of a lot of cars I could never have afforded to own then. Ah, fond memories of youth.

I'd say go for it. My buddy has a 1970 914, black, with a 2.0 and dual webbers. That thing is a lot of fun, handles like a gokart. They are very light (2080 lbs) and mid-engined. With the v8 you'd be a rocket ship!

BTW the radiator goes in front when the conversion is done