HybridZ

Which carriers have been tried in the R200?

Jersey

Ok, lol. I'll try again. Sorry, guess i'm just brain dead today. I was wondering which OEM LSD carriers have been tried to replace the open carriers found in the R200's. What a confusing post on my part has this been huh??? haha.

LOL. It's not nice nice to make fun of the mentally challenged MAT! lol. No points, although you have earned them just trying to understand my rheteric, because i'd like to include other Nissan vehicle LSD's as well. So.. HA! ;) I think i would like to delete this entire post and start again. My brain hurts.

Thanks for the info chris. I'm not too familiar with the 240sx's but if you could lend some more info on what years/models the R200's came in and if any of them were LSD units, that would help. Did you have to use the 240sx's halfshafts with the KAAZ unit you're running? I will do a search now as this sounds like this probably discussed here before. One of the main reasons i made this post was becasue i have an '88 Pathfinder that has an LSD rear in it and believe it's an R200A or H233 and was thinking this may work in the 3.54 open i'm running. Thanks in advance for any info.

Jersey@cptclabs.com

Anything that fits in the R200 for the 240SX will fit. I have a KAAZ in mine. You just have to get the one that doesn't go in the VLSD. Unless you are going to use its axles.

Chris

Since you all are on the subject what kind of parts will I need to install a VLSD from a 180 SX in to my 73Z which has a R200 in it already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7969089258&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Exactly the way i was thinking Daw, and wishingful thinking as well. Maybe there's a way to find out, other than trial and error, by finding the aftermarket LSD that fits in our R200, and then find which additional applications that same LSD would work in. hmm. Thanks for the response.

Guest Aaron

I was under the impression that the front diffs in the nissan 4x4 pickups were r200's. Wouldn't a LSD or locker for one of those fit our cars?

I have read on other forums that the 300zx (z31) LSD centres can be installed in the R200a (front diff of the Nissan 4x4). These forums were 4x4 ones. So if they can take what we use then it must be conceivable that we can go the other way also. R200a centre into a R200.

I have a VLSD along with the stub axles that go along with it from a s14 silvia...

BUT, I have not done anything with it! Hopefully this thread will yield some good info, and I will be able to post what I find in the next few months. Im looking at using the 240SX CV joints as well...but know that I will have to have them shortened. so many challenges......will be overcome.