HybridZ

Best way to ship wheels and tires.

Thumper

I am trying to sell my 14x6 enkei wheels and have had a couple of people ask about shipping. I know through ups it will be expensive. They also have 195/60 tires on them. I was thinking a trucking company but want to have to deal with finding a pallet and bringing it to the dock. For the people who have sold wheels and had to ship them how did you do it and how much did it cost? Thanks

Ted

I'm in the same boat (18x8 Gram Lights). Check out: Fedex Rates

I've run throught the rate generator and for 4 packages (25lbs ea, 20x20x12, declared value $450) I typically come up with estimates of ~$50 West coast and ~$110 East Coast. $50 seems kinda low to me... so I need to contact Fedex and make sure that this is not the cost PER package.

I have sold about 8 sets of wheels with tires (yup 32 in total) and I always use FedEx Ground in the last couple of years. Their rates are decent and plus you get the option for full insurance - just in case.

From one coast to another a set of wheels and tires will be about $100, which is not too bad. Tirerack cannot do it cheaper.

Yasin

Just an update:

Yesterday I shipped 4 (individually boxed) 18x8 wheels out using Fedex Ground. Delivery time 1 to 5 business days, tracking numbers included, and insured... all for $48.92. Granted this was from California to Arizona, but hey... not bad.

You can send the tires with no box at all. Sold 3 sets of slicks by using regular packing tape to tape 2 tires together in 3 spots around the tire, then slapped the label right on the tape. I wouldn't send wheels with no box, but for tires it works great. Basically the same thing that Tire Rack does when the send tires to me.

"UPS Store" has a STEEP markup on shipping vs the actual UPS office for those who don't know.