HybridZ

LSD installation

SalemZ

Search. All the info you need is right here in the drivetrain forum.

Thanks for the suggestion.....There certainly seems to be a lot of talk, mostly a few years old, from what I can tell.

I'm really new to this forum stuff so navigating it is kinda difficult for me. I was hoping to "talk" to someone current as I'm not a "gear head" (and I mean that in the most flattering way, I wish I was). I have the '88 300ZXT LSD, just don't know about the stub axles and any mods that may be needed.

OK, you searched and did not find. So if you are using the clutch type LSD (clutch and viscous both came on the 88--but the viscous only came on the white 88SS edition) then this little blurb should tell you what you need:

You will need an R200 mustache bar if you don't already have one, the front companion flange or yoke from a R200 out of a 280, and the adapters from http://www.modern-motorsports.com. The diff rear cover with the fins won't fit with the existing transverse link, so you'll need to either make a new link that goes around the cover or you could swap the cover off of an R200 without the fins.

That's all I can think of. If you have an R200 already then you just swap the companion flange and the rear cover and it is then a bolt in with the adapters from MM.

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/c...&products_id=56

That came out of the first thread listed when I searched for "LSD install." Not telling you this to be a jerk, just saying that the info is there.

If you have the VLSD, then I'm not sure if the stub axle end of the CV shaft bolts up with that same adapter. It has been talked about quite a bit so it should be pretty easy to find that info in the drivetrain forum, or maybe someone will answer your question.

No, you're not a jerk, I'm just really new to this sort of thing

(the site and the mods).

Actually I really appreciate plain talk, good and critical. I have a lot of things to do to this car, so this site and it's members are invaluable to me and ALL comments are appreciated, so don't be bashful.