HybridZ

Frame Connectors

Sure, I thought these were up but I think the sony imagstation site isn't always working. Anyway, here are a couple of shots. I had to replace my floorpans so I installed the connectors after I cut out the floors and then tied in the new floors into the connectors. Everything is super rigid! I don't have a pic of the rails by themselves though... DOH! I used Pete Paraska's blueprints and modified them to work w/ my situation.

Test fit drivers side before welding everything up (you can see how it fits right over the front subframe).....

driversidehole.jpg

Shot of new floor pans and connector from the inside....

psngerflrpan.jpg

Underside from front to back, I basically cut the top off of the 2x3 tubing for the front pc so it would wrap around the existing frame. Cleaned and tacked and then finished seaming it all up. Takes a while due to the Z metal being crappy and thin...

frntofconnector.jpg

Rear of connector, it's sectioned like pete's blueprint specs and fits around the rear subframe of the car....

rearofconnector.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I did notice that Nissan didn't run the floor rails all the way back to meet the rear frame box. I wonder why they chose not to connect them. It certainly creats a "soft spot" in the floor structure of the car. I guess they figured that the structure of the trans tunnel, the roof, and the rockers, would make up for it.

Based on my reading here, it looks like I will triangulate the front strut bar with the firewall, and try to connect the floor pan rails with the rear frame near the forward, rear control arm bushings. I will possibly also try to cross-tie the left and right floor frame rails near their ends.

I am doing this for suspension stability, and ultimately, more stable dynamic handling.