HybridZ

Help Me Identify This Z

Guest Helmach

Guest Helmach

Can anyone help me identify this Z? I really like the look of it and would like more information about the car. Thanks.

orange_z3.jpg

Guest Helmach

The basically stock body is what I like best about the car. It only takes a few subtle changes to make the Z look phenomenal. I don’t see many nicely done modernized Z’s without flares. I guess I was hoping to find out what has been done to the powertrain and suspension.

engine / transmisson -92 300zxtt, now single turbo. 3" piping from turbo to about the trans, where it splits into 2 x 2.5" back to the exit.

Adjustable struts (legs) with koni shocks.

Hubs and rotors from BMW 740, caliper from RX7.

Wheels Rondell 8x17 and 10x17 with 215/40-17 and 235/40-17.

All info from the norwegian magasine, VI MENN.

engine / transmisson -92 300zxtt' date=' now single turbo. 3" piping from turbo to about the trans, where it splits into 2 x 2.5" back to the exit.

Adjustable struts (legs) with koni shocks.

Hubs and rotors from BMW 740, caliper from RX7.

Wheels Rondell 8x17 and 10x17 with 215/40-17 and 235/40-17.

All info from the norwegian magasine, VI MENN.[/quote']

WoW!! Those 10" rims must be a tight fit in the rear of that thing, those fenders look stock, didnt think you'll be able to get 10" in there?

I think they have done some work on the inside of the fender wells. The previous owner did this to my car, and said that I should be able to fit 10" wheels without flaring. But, I like the looks of the car with rear flares, so I put on some msa street? flares. I belive I would have been able to fit 10x17 in the rear (without flaring) if I had put on some coilovers.

I think they have done some work on the inside of the fender wells. The previous owner did this to my car, and said that I should be able to fit 10" wheels without flaring. But, I like the looks of the car with rear flares, so I put on some msa street? flares. I belive I would have been able to fit 10x17 in the rear (without flaring) if I had put on some coilovers.

Hey 240zrb, tell me more about this mod that the previous owner did? was it just rolling the outer lip or some other mod on the inner end of the wheel well itself?

Reason i ask is i am going to need to squeeze some bigger rims/rubber under the rear of my car, it currently runs 16 x 7's and has coil overs, it looks like i have some room to come out the way at least an inch, but doesnt look/feel like i can go to far in?

I would like to get at least 9 inch rims in the rear without flaring the fenders.