HybridZ

New Old Stock ?? Can anyone help please ?

ZHeadV8

Hi Guys,

Whilst definitely a HybridZ underneath, the outside of my car will look stock, I have decided not to go for the big arch look (having already spent the money - what a Muppet !)

I am now looking for "New Old Stock" OEM parts for a 1971 240Z :

Switchgear

Original clear headlight covers with chrome trim

Wiper arms

Ignition lock set (plus glove box)

OEM rear lights

Mesh Grill (Japanese market type as fitted to ALL Japanese cars and the Z432)

Can anybody help please ?

I am also looking for a replacement for the hideously ugly heater control fascia plate - has anyone done a Carbon Fibre version ?

Please PM me if you have any "New Old Stock" to offer - if publicised on forum there would only be a bun fight to get it I guess.

Many Thanks

Andy Farrant

Andy,

Just a little 'heads up':

LHD wiper arms are quite different to RHD wiper arms. You need RHD, yes? Don't forget that they "dress to the left" in the USA ( as my tailor says..... ).

Also, OEM rear light units? You mean UK market spec, or USA / North American spec? Again - very different of course.

I have a pair of the USA / NA spec lights NOS in box if you want them - but they are illegal to use in the UK............

Andy' date='

Just a little 'heads up':

LHD wiper arms are quite different to RHD wiper arms. You need RHD, yes? Don't forget that they [i']"dress to the left"[/i] in the USA ( as my tailor says..... ).

Also, OEM rear light units? You mean UK market spec, or USA / North American spec? Again - very different of course.

I have a pair of the USA / NA spec lights NOS in box if you want them - but they are illegal to use in the UK............

Thanks Alan,

Had slipped my mind that they dress the other way in the States so to speak ! It is definitely RHD wiper arms I need.

I will give you a bell about the rear lights to discuss "how" illegal they are (I know it is binary really).

Checked the grill and yes that is the one ! Pity the auction has ended, will keep trying ebay I guess.

Many Thanks all

Andy F

24 bids, $266 and still 10hrs to go for the snipers!!!

Holy crap Batman! About a month ago I gave away the headlight covers that I had on the ROD! Man, I can price race parts down to the penny but I'm obviously a moron when it comes to the OEM stuff.