HybridZ

wastegate size..

rotary folk have different feedback on cheapo ssautochrome wastegate that are HKS/tial knock offs. Say they're prone to leaks, etc.

The waste gate size depends on amount of boost you run. Higher boost = smaller wg needed. Low boost = bigger wastegate needed.

I have a tial 44mm unit

I'm running a 38mm Tial right now, going to a 44mm on my next upgrade, mainly for the Vband clamps and the fact that I had ordered 5 of them for other projects, so I threw one in for myself...

The 38mm is all you will need for a reasonable T3/T04 hybrid (.63 or .82 housing, any stage wheel). Or, a straight TO4 with .58 P or O trim wheel. Tial makes a great WG, and they are not much more expensive than the chiwan crap out there.

Also - FYI, I've binned two Deltagates on customer cars, replacing them with Tial because they were sticking and not consistant. The used Deltagates are on Ebay for a reason..

Doug

I'm running a 38mm Tial right now' date=' going to a 44mm on my next upgrade, mainly for the Vband clamps and the fact that I had ordered 5 of them for other projects, so I threw one in for myself...

The 38mm is all you will need for a reasonable T3/T04 hybrid (.63 or .82 housing, any stage wheel). Or, a straight TO4 with .58 P or O trim wheel. Tial makes a great WG, and they are not much more expensive than the chiwan crap out there.

Also - FYI, I've binned two Deltagates on customer cars, replacing them with Tial because they were sticking and not consistant. The used Deltagates are on Ebay for a reason..

Doug[/quote']

Hey Doug,

I am in the process of deciding on a turbo and gate at the moment,

At this stage i am in love with the GT35R (1.06 a/r on Ex) and either the tial 40mm flange or the tial 44mm V band, It sounds like this V band attachment method is the most reliable. Doug, in your opinion would this be the way to go, yeah?

I wouldn't go with any other WG than the 44mm Tial right now, unless it was a financial thing or you didn't need the capacity. V band makes the fab work easier, and it is easier to take out/put in during other work. A factor if you tinker like I do...

I'd love to do a RB30 single in my Z. You guys are lucky down there. I have the .82 housing on my GT35R, but you would probably be better with the 1.06 on a 3.0 RB.

A local guy is using a GT40R on a 1350cc 'busa with good results (600ish hp), 44mm tial WG.

Cheers

Doug

Hey thanks Doug, yeah we are lucky to have these RB30 engines down here, they are so bloddy cheap too, ya can pick up a complete car for $300-$400. These engines make soooo much torque when twincam'd and turbo'd, its crazy! All stock internals too! Very cool!

I will go for the 44mm V band, cheers.

I went with turbonetics evolution wastegate. Its been great, but make sure if you buy it, that the instructions they give you are REV. B or later. Them bastards sent me a wastegate and mis-labeled the springs in the instructions and I spent forever trying to figure things out. Finally I looked at a buddys instructions and his was labeled REV. B, while mine was "A". No mention of this on thier website or anywhere else...

On my masterpower T-70 turbo I've run boost as low as 6-7psi with no creep and up to 30psi on the highend and the wastegate works great.